Future Paths

Casual conversations about anything you want!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Future Paths

Postby KakitaKaori » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:54 am

Currently, it looks like we have a sort of subtheme of event denial and a sort of subtheme of making our people honored and doing good things with them.

With the new Keeper card in Tears of Ameterasu, and the way the Artisan Academy works, it looks like we may end up with another subtheme of punishing people with more cards in hand than us. The cards aren't there yet, but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that and had any thoughts. Or are there other future subthemes you could see developing in Crane?
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Kakita Karasu
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Future Paths

Postby Kakita Karasu » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:51 pm

DUELING!!! GIVE ME MORE DUELING!!!

I am sure they will bring out new strongholds like they do with Netrunner and I hope and pray that the next Crane stronghold will be the Kakita Dueling Academy.

But Denial and Honoring our guys is going to be our main theme for a very long time. Plus we are going to be the clan that is actually benefited by playing openly and not hiding what we are doing. We just happen to be better at it then the opponent.
Emerald Champion WC 2017DuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako WC 4
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
Winter Court 5 Iaijutsu Champion

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:06 pm

This is a good question, but I'm not sure what I want to see as a theme.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Himoto
Gunso

Postby Himoto » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Please don't make dueling a theme. Dueling should not be something where you run dedicated decks that do nothing else, and otherwise can just safely ignore any and all duel-related cards like it was with AEG from...oh, Lotus or so onward.

There should be dueling cards that contribute to our themes (duh), and CRane personalities who are good at dueling. But dueling itself shouldn't be a theme.

Kakita Karasu
Gunso

Postby Kakita Karasu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Emerald Champion WC 2017DuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako WC 4
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
Winter Court 5 Iaijutsu Champion

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 pm

I definitely want to see more, better Duels. Right now the only one worth pursuing is Mirumoto Raitsugu's but then you have to play Dragon.

I could see a Crane Stronghold giving a bonus to a Crane character in a duel as an Interrupt, to represent their use of the best dueling technique known to samurai.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:41 pm

I think it's a matter of wanting duels that advance a position of advantage for us. Duels that give honor or take away our opponent's honor, duels that take away cards, duels that help take provinces. Right now the duels we have are very easy for our opponents to ignore. That may be the point. It'd be nice to have duels they can't ignore.
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Return to “General Discussion”