Greetings fellow Cranes!

Casual conversations about anything you want!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Doji Kuribe
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Greetings fellow Cranes!

Postby Doji Kuribe » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Forgive me if this isn't the proper place, but I didn't see a thread intended for new member introductions.

I'm just getting back into playing L5R after not playing since Diamond. I originally started during Gold as a way of killing time while waiting for my D&D group to show up. After building a pretty successful military Shadowlands deck, I decided to move on to something else.

Having originally learned about Rokugan from the D&D Oriental Adventures book, I knew about the Great Clans and had become enamored with the Crane clan. I bought the Gold starter and A Perfect Cut decks and put together something with those and spares I had obtained. It ended up being an offensive dueling honor deck, and it worked pretty well.

High school graduation time basically ruined my ability to play, so I stopped for years. I followed the storyline loosely, particularly the history of the Cranes.

Recently a friend and I decided to start playing again so I bought the A Matter of Honor box. After playing a few games I managed to find an Ivory Crane starter in stock, bought a few boosters, and put a deck together to get started.

I'm looking forward to getting back into playing, hopefully competitively, and getting back into the community. Based on the 2014 Kotei results it looks like Crane is doing pretty well. I hope I can be a part of their continued success.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Greetings fellow Cranes!

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Welcome back to the fold!
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:59 am

Welcome back!

I missed the Gold arc, that must have been a cool time to play Crane. Lots of cool artwork!

Wakshaani
Nikutai

Postby Wakshaani » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Oof. Been a while since I've been by. Had to re-register and everything. Wowzers.

Anyway ... hi again everybody! Almost Winter Court time. Woo!

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Nice to see new blood around here.

Actually, It's nice to see anyone around here. Activity has been.....low

I'm currently trying to get back in and revive the local play group. Can't practice with people!
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:53 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Return to “General Discussion”