Choosing an Heir

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Kakita Kaikira
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Choosing an Heir

Postby Kakita Kaikira » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 am

I hope this is the correct place to post this.

With the Winter Court IV coming up, though we don't have details yet, it is apparent the clan will be lobbying for one heir or the other; with serious consequences afterwards for backing the losing horse.

My local gaming pool is pretty shallow with no other Crane players to express their opinion, so I was wondering what the community at large thought about this.

Do we back Iweko Seiken, because tradition is important (and we are the guardians of tradition after all). He is honourable, a close ally of our closest ally (the Lion) and while military minded does not make the mistake of striking without thought (as evidenced by his treatment of P'an Ku).

Or do we support Shibatsu. As pointed out before, the Crane always prosper with a politically minded Emporer. If we can get over Shibatsu's association with the Spider we may even get an advantage in the courts against the Spider hating Scorpion.

I think Seiken is a safe bet, if we back him and he loses we will still be in a position to master the courts of a political Emporer. I can't see the Scorpion backing Shibatsu so the only Courtier family of note who may gain some advantage are the Susumu. If he wins however we will probably find little changes (except perhaps a push to eradicate the Spider from the Empire?)

Shibatsu is the all or nothing bet though. If we ally with him and lose we could lose a great amount of standing amongst the Traditionalist Clans and find ourselves clamouring for position again in a militaristic Empire . But if Shobatsu wins with our backing it could bring great favour and standing at the start of the new Arc.

I think we will try to walk the line for as long as possible, courting both sides and showing no favour aaa we have so far. But I believe the time will come when we must decide, and I'm curious as to what others think....

Daidoji Reiji
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Choosing an Heir

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 pm

As a clan, we will probably wait until Private forums are open to discuss strategy for the Winter.

After all, who know what may be hiding in the shadows, listening...
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Togashi Jo
Gunso

Postby Togashi Jo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Oh, nobody is spying......

/ninja
Here are my cards: ,

Enlightened Courtier
Nikutai

Postby Enlightened Courtier » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:37 pm

I want to post a response! (Even though I have stopped playing L5R this arc).
I hope I still get to post an opinion on the private forum.

Kakita Kaikira
Hohei

Postby Kakita Kaikira » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:20 pm

Ah, that seems a fair point. But enlightened courtier makes a fair point. Will those not in the Winter Court be able to express their opinions in the private forum? I was more curious about players thoughts than an official stance of the clan.

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:35 am

*shakes fist at Yamabushi ninja*

I haven't seen enough fiction yet to make a personal decision, TBH. But I suppose WC will help a lot with that.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 am

Would you guys like a private WC4 subforum?
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:52 am

That would be nice, if anything just to discuss possible character ties

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:57 am

The natural choice for the Crane would be to support Iweko Seiken. Iweko Shibatsu is a break from tradition and is beholden to the Spider Clan.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:50 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Return to “General Discussion”