Choosing an Heir

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Asahina Lugumi
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Choosing an Heir

Postby Asahina Lugumi » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:52 am

Seiken all the way.
He may be a militaristic hot headed jerk (personal opinion, but remember the emerald championship), but I think he still is the best option.
The crane clan has its roots in and gets its power from the imperial court. As far as politics is concerned, the colonies are a bad place for us.
We are not explorers, we are not ruthless conquerors. We are court creatures. We need peace and stability to shine, things the colonies cannot offer us for the time being.

Why Seiken, then? Because he wants to "pacify" the colonies, to order them.
Either he manages to do so, and it would be a good step to help us have a solid influence base there...
Or he fails, terribly, leaving almost no other possibilities than to leave this horrible place for good, after stripping from its resources. This would bring back the political focus on Rokugan and its court, where we truly belong.
Why do I think there will not be a "middle of the road" end? Because Seiken is a hot headed jerk. If he does not manage to do what he wants, I think he will keep trying as much as he can, finally succeeding or losing every thing in the colonies.

Otomo Kim
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Otomo Kim » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Iweko Miaka

I would like to see it pass to her, even if it means over the dead bodies of her brothers.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:33 am

Well, it looks like we support Shibats. How about that?

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:33 pm

I like how in that big presentation AEG folk talk about the importance of story and giving the playerbase information and choices...

Frankly, AEG needs to stops burning out their writers. The sheer amount of story prizes they cram into a single year is just ridiculous. A good plot needs to develop over time, and the constant pressure to get it over with because the next big thing is already happening is what killed the fictions, and they will never be in a healthy place until AEG understands that.

Kakita Setsuna
Hohei

Postby Kakita Setsuna » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 am

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:35 am

If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:50 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Setsuna
Hohei

Postby Kakita Setsuna » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:59 am

Himoto
Gunso

Postby Himoto » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:34 am

Well, we have art of Ujirou cutting down a lion, sure, but perhaps more damning, we have the flavor text of A New Alliance which has Makoto and Nitoshi forming a temporary alliance, and the flavor text refering to the Scorpion turning on the traditionalists, which shows Ujirou cutting down a Lion in the art.

AT this point, it doesn't take much imagination to connect the dots.

And, frankly, after the Lion letter, I hope we're reading the flavor and art right. If the Lion letter represent what the traditionalist side stands for, then I'd be very glad to see the Crane stand against that.

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:42 am

The whole "gaijin blood makes your morals weak" thing is just awful, so I don't mind being on the same side as the Spider and Scorpion on this...
Also, from a Pragmatist point of view, I don't see the benefit of needlessly aggravating the Unicorn just because the Phoenix think it a good idea.

Return to “General Discussion”