Public Letter From Doji Makoto

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Zaitoichi
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Public Letter From Doji Makoto

Postby Zaitoichi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:15 am

I don't really understand the motivation: "Iweko Seiken and his supporters have taken control of the Second City" or "our closest allies among the Lion and Phoenix support the military occupation of the Second City". It sounds like the cleanup wasn't necessary. If Seiken, the first-born son of the Empress, decides to act against corruption, the Crane should be on his side and not with the Spider or the Mantis.

We have nothing to gain and much to lose. I could understand something like "we do not take side in an open conflict between the two brothers", but to act against Seiken ... I hope this letter is only a tactic previously agreed with the Lion and the Phoenix to let someone keep an eye on Shibatsu and his disreputable allies. I also hope that Makoto has sent an emissary to work with Seiken in the future.

We'll see and enjoy the show!

Kakita Toroda
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakita Toroda » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:46 am

Why do you think that fighting would be contained to the colonies? The only reason to fight in the colonies is, that seiken is there. But his position there is terrible. Crane and Mantis controll the sea routes and the unicorn the Ki-Rin path. The traditionalists cannot move any troups to the colonies against the will of the progressivs. It looks to me that seiken has to leave the colonies to unite with his supporters and win the war where he is strongest and his enemies are weakest - in rokugan self

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:27 am

Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:50 am

Himoto
Gunso

Postby Himoto » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:41 am

How does supporting a warmonger who believe in solving all his problems by military strength fits the Crane's "clan identity" again?

Seiken's actions stand against everything we stand for.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:12 am

I wonder if because we were the hardest to fit on a side that our letter was last?
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Faris Kalin
Nikutai

Postby Faris Kalin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:00 pm

I like that the Crane are supporting Shibatsu, but I didn't expect it cause, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the Gencon tourney outcomes for the Crane to support Seiken?
Player of Asahina Farisu at WC 3

Doji Honshingen
Chui

Postby Doji Honshingen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:45 am

I really don't understand why some of you are so angry about this letter. It isn't as if Makoto directly opposes all the Traditionalists, but rather he proposes a peaceful solution. As far as we know, both heirs are against violence between their followers, so I like that Makoto tries to mediate (both Seiken and Shibatsu should like that).
Soul of Doji Honshi

Kakita Kaikira
Hohei

Postby Kakita Kaikira » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:50 am

I believe a lot of players would be more amenable to the idea of progressivism if we could see the potential reward as clearly as the risk. For instance, I really like the idea of better relations with the Unicorn. Actually, when the Unicorn returned to Rokugan, the fact that they were accepted by the Empire was in no small part thanks to the Crane clan. So you could argue that the Crane have a tradition of progressivism. ;)
I also like the idea that the progressivist-leaning clans and the Imperial heir owe us a huge favor.
I am frankly also enamored by the idea of sticking it to the Crab with their newfound political power of two Chosen. The Crab are not supposed to be more successful at politics than the Crane - it's against the natural order of things. This is actually a very traditionalist line of thinking (even though I don't think the Crab would be very happy with it:) As long as the Crane don't hold at least one Chosen office and the wife of the Emperor, things are not the way they should be. So if Shibatsu made the promise to return the Crane to the status as His Left Hand, with everything that entails, he'll have my support at once.

Return to “General Discussion”