C Thomas Hand - New Story Team

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Asahina Shimato
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: C Thomas Hand - New Story Team

Postby Asahina Shimato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:50 am

Tokuan
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tokuan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:56 am

I was Kakita Haturo, Iaijutsu Tournament champion at Winter Court IV

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:07 pm

C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:38 am

I have a question: Will those of us from WC4 be able to influence how our characters act now that the event is over? I know part of the deal is that once we are done with the characters we are supposed to give them back to AEG to do as they will, but it would be nice to at least still influence the going ons in their post court life.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:09 pm

C Thomas Hand

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:16 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:05 pm

I wrote my little rant before John Zinser elaborated on his concept of PATHS. I am very happy to adopt his terminology, as I have always struggled to express why I am so frustrated with a situation my chosen clan has been in from the very beginning of the game.

In a nutshell: It's painfully apparent that there has not been a PATH for the Crane Clan so far. The Crane Clan has been a CANVAS for the story team and the result has more often than not been beautiful, but they have never been allowed to go anywhere from where they have ended post clan war in the same way the Mantis and the Spider have been. The concept of a PATH requires that somebody has an idea where they want to go/take somebody. I will be watching with great interest what will be put forward as the PATH of the Crane, now that they have to be explicit about it.

I guess my question to the Story Team would be, what will you change about the way you deal with a story prize won by a Crane, now that the PATH model is adopted?

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:49 pm

C Thomas Hand

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:24 pm

The problem is that these high status allies don't exist, or worse, are firmly in the camp of other clans.

The Crab, for example, control the Voice and the Imperial Advisor. (This is what I meant in the Crab being better at politics than the Crane, by the way.) The Dragon are closest to the Imperial bloodline and have the Emerald Champion (they are what the Crane used to be.)
What allies could the Cranes muster to beat their influence?
I guess the answer used to be the Otomo. I have a hunch that this great scheme of ours makes that somewhat unlikely for now.
This is what I mean when I say that the Crane Clan in its current iteration doesn't work. I know how it's supposed to work, people tell me all the time: The same way it used to work back in the day. The Jedi Mind Trick thing, you know? I want to believe you, it's just that I feel exceedingly stupid doing so after years of the Clan suffering defeat after defeat and just treading water.

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:36 am

Another question:
Are you watching Clan forums as closely as e.g. Facebook group? Because I noticed that Dave Laderoute just wrote that the "bounty war" between Scorpion and Mantis will influence the story...
So is there a chance that something like our view on the situation around Kitsu tombs will count (see the "2015 Kotei Season - Icons" topic)?
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Return to “General Discussion”