2015 Kotei Season - Icons

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Palmer
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2015 Kotei Season - Icons

Postby Palmer » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:00 pm

There's definitely a Crane scouts deck that's good and beats the Mantis deck; I'd build it if I had any more Strict Ivory events. Unfortunately the loss of Akagi just bones it for 20F Arc

Doji Makoto
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Makoto » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:26 am

From Strange Assembly:
"8 ) Crane save their own Wealth: This is my one exception (well, not counting the Honorable Mention, anyway) to the idea of not picking Clans to save their own icons. The Crane are supposed to be fabulously wealthy. However, this aspect of the Clan seems to have fallen by the wayside. Perhaps, a selection of Fabulously Wealthy as a Crane Icon might nudge this back into prominence a little bit more. It’s not just that the Crane have a preference for having a friendly diplomat in every court in the Empire. It’s not just that the Crane favor artistic endeavors, allowing them to shape and control the culture of the Empire. It’s also that the Crane are historically a very big Clan with giant piles of money. They can afford to send swarms of courtiers dressed in the finest silks all across the land. They can afford to support a large group of artisans making luxury goods (such as all those finest silk kimonos) – oh, and then they get to keep the money when any of those rarities happens to go on sale (instead of being used directly for political purposes). It takes money for a Clan’s smallest courts to rival some other Clan’s biggest courts in luxury and comfort. The Crane are never (can never, really) going to get back “we’re always the Emerald Champion” or “the Emperor’s wife and mother always come from our Clan” schticks. But they can be shown as having a bit more heft in the economic sphere."

That´s interesting... I never really thought about it. But now, when I see it written, I must say that this is good suggestion - saving the wealth of our Clan.
On the other hand, they tried to give us the economic advantage (The Exquisite Palace of the Crane) and we all know how it ended...
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:54 pm

There are lots of ways they could represent the Crane having an economic advantage besides giving us a stronghold with extra gold production (although I remain very amused that for all intents and purposes the Unicorn stronghold in TF is the pre-errata Crane stronghold without the honour dimension). Holdings that do extra stuff/are cheaper for the Crane, personalities that make gold, Strategies that cost gold and are cheaper for the Crane...

I like the idea, at any rate.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Kakita Shimizu
Hohei

Postby Kakita Shimizu » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:24 am

Still haven't saved the Kakita style or Doji Courtier school. :( Though the Kitsu tombs should be a good choice...

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:55 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Palmer
Hohei

Postby Palmer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Heh, apparently Junior totally built the Crane Scouts anti-Mantis deck.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:13 pm

The Kitsu Tombs were taken from the Lion. In hostile way. This is really disappointing...
Last edited by Doji Makoto on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:14 pm

Damn. And after I spent so much time trying to get the Lion in general and the Kitsu in particular to not hate us.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:21 pm

I also hoped that it will be used to bring us closer to Lion. Especially after WC. We need allies, not enemies...

Return to “General Discussion”