2015 Kotei Season - Icons

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Asahina Shimato
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2015 Kotei Season - Icons

Postby Asahina Shimato » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:29 pm

As somebody who once fought tooth and nails for this clan at Winter Court, I understand your strong reaction completely. But I am mildly optimistic that this could make sense in a way we don't see yet.

Let's assume the story team generously writes the Crane as having a generally competent Crane leadership/strategy. They would not do things that obviously are against their interests. So according to their reasonable expectations, this action has to benefit the Crane somehow.

Whether they like it or not, presumably the Lion will be in our debt for saving the Tombs (which is exactly where I want them.)

Ikoma Sakage
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ikoma Sakage » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Greetings Crane Players,

I wanted to speak to you about your most recent choice in the Kotei to take our Kitsu Tombs.

At first I was upset at this decision, but then I was directed to this page to see that the Majority, disliked this decision. If this is so the case I come here to speak to be an ambassador, not to jump to conclusions or declare war. I wish to know if the Crane are serious in repairing ties with the Lion.

If this is the case perhaps repair work can be done, perhaps if we are able to save more in offer of an alliance, then perhaps the story team can work out how that our clans can fix this accident.

If this is something you are interested please contact me, I would like to know your thoughts if you would share them.
Samurai - Courtier - Historian - Tactician

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:37 pm

Welcome to our boards!
/bows

I am wildly optimistic that the story will, in the end, meet the expectations of the kotei winner in that his chosen prize will be honored, but it will probably not throw our clans into outright hostility territory right away. This should be reasonably beyond the scope of a single kotei win, even though I am serious in that I believe the story team currently nudges our respective clans towards a less amiable relationship.

Maybe there is some middle ground to be gained? I think the story would be best if we were at "grudging respect" in the end, honoring our standing agreements. Lions are said to have a long memory (which we may have just saved.) I believe so do the Crane. Let's commit the slight suffered/debt owed to the long memory of our respective peoples and move on. We have bigger fish to fry for now.

(I know you like your grudges, it wouldn't be Crane of me not to let you keep them as a gift ;)

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re:

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Ikoma Sakage
Hohei

Postby Ikoma Sakage » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:51 pm

I can understand this attempt, however as you may or may not know the Kitsu Tombs have been hit hard over the past few years, and its one of the strongest spiritual locations for the Clan itself. Depending on how story team writes it depends upon how Lion will react.

I know previous history has proven that we have been at odds due to various reasons. I am not one looking for conflict with the Crane personally. Perhaps if we are able to return the traditional positions as the Left and Right hands of the Emperor?

I, as a person who cares for story, can understand where the anger comes from decisions are made by people who only wishes to win games at behest to story, hence I am here to speak about it.
Samurai - Courtier - Historian - Tactician

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:30 am

Yeah, the Kitsu Tombs are kind of a big deal. The Lion-Scorpion war went from "let's go kick some heads, let off some steam" to "KILL! MAIM! BURN!" because the Scorpion attacked it. It is not something that you can sweep under the rug.

I am fully in favour of the Crane actually saving Lion Icons by way of reparations, and have bounties to that effect (see sig). In addition to being a gesture of friendship and goodwill in itself, I think saving Lion Icons in a friendly way also makes it more likely that the Story Team would interpret the Kitsu Tombs choice as "save the Tombs in a fashion that makes the Lion grumpy" rather than "loot the Tombs, moon the Kitsu, and laugh".
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:37 am

"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:56 am

I definitely agree. Should our Kotei go towards a Crane win, I'll certainly lobby for some kind of Lion saving reparative outcome. I am not in a position to propose bounties for it, but that may change. If so, I'll publish it here. I think we have nothing to win in an actual war with the Lion. And even more, we should reinforce the Alliance if possible. Would it be only to remember that awesome Chikandomo fight...

Actually, I think it would be totaly awesome that some Crane victory saves Chukandomo from corruption for the Lions and the Matsu.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:06 am

Just a heads up, I'm going to be dumping bounties into the dissolution of the alliance at every chance I get. I feel that nothing in the history of L5R has made Crane less interesting than the removal of our only real threat. Currently, I have these bounties out for Crane players:

If a Crane selects to save Shiro no Yojin as an Enemy of the Lion Clan: $100.

If a Crane selects to save Yasuki Yashiki as an Enemy of the Crab clan: $100.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:08 am

"Our only threat." Right, yes, because the Crab and Scorpion are friendly and harmless. Nothing to worry about there at all.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Return to “General Discussion”