Crane Twenty Festivals starter deck - Feedback

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Bayushi Shunsuke
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Crane Twenty Festivals starter deck - Feedback

Postby Bayushi Shunsuke » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Full contents of the Twenty Festivals starter decks have been revealed, as print'n'play PDF files.

http://www.l5r.com/2015/03/22/twenty-fe ... deck-pdfs/

As I am soon to be starting to construct the Onyx Edition starters, I'd love to get some constructive feedback about the 20F ones, so that I can make any corrections/improvements on the next starters.

Primarily, I'd like to get the feedback on your clan's starter, but I will happily read any and all feedback.

Please note, while I won't list them out, there were restrictions in place as to what could/couldn't be added to a starter.

The goals for each starter:
- Be fully playable out of the box.
- Give an indication of the strengths of the clan, without resorting to only using one theme
- Be new-player friendly

Doji Satevis
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Crane Twenty Festivals starter deck - Feedback

Postby Doji Satevis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:23 pm

The two Crane links are identical -- both link to Crane Fate.

Bayushi Shunsuke
Hohei

Postby Bayushi Shunsuke » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Thank ye kind ;3

Kakita Mitsuhide
Gunso

Postby Kakita Mitsuhide » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:04 am

The fate side side looks like it wants to duel (there are a few challenges in the deck) but the amount of 1 FV cards really limits this (10 cards at FV = 1). Given that of the 22 personalities in the deck 1 can't duel and only 4 others have a chi of 4 or higher the odds of winning a duel are greatly limited due to needing above average focus values.

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Is it deliberate that the starter completely ignores BOTH new themes with 20F? Like it doesn't seem worth picking up, there's almost nothing 20F Craney really in there.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:07 am

I'll buy it just to get my SH, my 3rd Way of the Crane and the couple of useful uniques. But it's true that, as it is, it's useless for Courtiers and useless for Dueling. And you can't really use it for any mix of those either. I see it simply as a base for new players to get the basic cards, nothing else. But they will have to buy more cards to make anything work, even for casual play.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:48 am

It's not useless for Courtier Honor, but for everything else it is. And all the Courtier Honor-related cards are from last year, so it has no value (except for the Fixed cards) for someone who bought last year's starters.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Honshingen
Chui

Postby Doji Honshingen » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:53 pm

I am also quiete disappointed by the rares, I have enough Katatas and Inexplicable Challenges (the same as in in IvE? come on!). Considering that there are less rares included than in IvE Starters, I at least expected new ones :(
Soul of Doji Honshi

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Return to “General Discussion”