Kotei Santiago de Chile, 2nd place report.

Casual conversations about anything you want!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gambit
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Kotei Santiago de Chile, 2nd place report.

Postby gambit » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:10 pm

So, i ended up 2nd yesterday, I'm so sorry I could't win, I really wanted to save something, probably another clan icon but in a friendly way. I just couldn't win, just luck and stuff, the deck is nice and will be posted in alderac soon.

1st Round: Julio dishonor Scorpion with favor Sensei.

Julio is a friend and he plays his deck correctly, but my match was just what i needed against him (and Walbert) 2nd turn Soeka, third turn Military Alliance and attack with Oriole and Soeka + Bounty Hunter. Then more dudes, and after breaking 2 provinces he conceded.

MVP: Oriole of my heart <3 .

1-0

2nd round. Agustín Garcino. Yodo sensei military dishonor-ish honor switch stuff.

The match was close, I just break one province the entire match, and it was only because i flipped Military Alliance and attach Personal Instructor for 5 honor boost while breaking. I buy holdings and stuff, control his honor with Bukita /Shirarou, and Makoto flipped just in the right time for bully dueling and allowed me to put ring of air in play, wich helped a lot. I just lost one duel in the entire match btw. He breaks two provinces, I actually decide not to defend because I wanted to play the match by honor, and I thought it was the right choice. I was in the 25 in my turn, cause he plays some Cascade Inn to make me a 4 honor loss, So is started my turn with two provinces and a Numata/Etsuki in the province, won 2 honor with the SH, go to 27, attack with Makoto and another dude to this provinces, he has almost everything bowed, except 2 dudes, but he doesn't defend. I win 5 honor with Military Alliance and the Instructor, then buy Numata for 36!!!. In his turn I straighten Makoto with RoA and play a Clash of Blades to help Makoto with 2 more force (Signing Blade + Thousand Year Rivalry) going to 37. He attacks, I defend with Makoto Izumiko and Numata all in one. Engage i used Familiar Terrain and my first action was Inexplicable Challenge for 3 bowing + 3 honor. He concedes, but wanted to play the entire battle (I'm fine with that, thats the spirit!) So we play, He won a duel against Numata, Then Way of the Dragon and Mako gets bigger with +3 force (+2 and 1 for signing blade) and bow for his dishonored peep and 1 honor, and then the match finished.

MVP: Makoto/Bukita / Military Alliance + Instructor.
2-0
Round 3: Rodrigo Molina. Mantis Big unit Kensai/shugenjas No sensei (Any peep with a good action actually)

I Started well, so did he. I attack, but didn't notice his Atoll, so I bounce like an idiot. He attacks while i was at 20 and I didn't defend. Next Battle we bow and fight hard, and ended up in a tie, after winning tons of honor with familar terrain and inexplicable/ Norime and duels. Ended up in 26. My turn I bow some dudes and win honor with the stronghold, ended up in 30. On my turn I moved to 37, with Stronghold and Makoto he attacks i don't defend and he takes antother one. Next turn i buy peeps and attach Bounty Hunter, and Singing Blades to my dudes. He attacks both provinces I defend one, and win. It was a funny match.

MVP: Familiar Terrain.

Round 4: Hernán Bocaz playing Mantis Shika Sensei small dudes extra kill with ashigarus and Shihos.

I started with Heavenly Temple, The Blessing and Ivory Court, so it was nice. Bought Heavenly Temple with Invest. He bought 3 2x2 holdings, I used blessing in Heavenly and bow for the Ivory. Dainagon and two holdings in my turn (one is a marketplace) , he bought holdings, a scout and the magistrates that gave honor to multiply his money, I pick the Imperial Favor. Bought Norime, Izumiko and use the stronghold for 2 honor. Heavenly and market pays for a Singing Blade in his turn and dishonored his scout with followers with Clash of Blades gaining +2F with Singing and 1000 years and I attach a Personal Instructor to Izumiko and another singing to Norime. He attacks, I defend with Izumiko, leaving Norime at home and playing Faimily Terrain as engage, shoot to destroy my follower, I use Way of the Dragon winning +4F, 1 honor and bowing his dishonored dude, he plays a card to give me a huge force penalty, I play way of the Crane winning 3 honor, he destroy my girl with a range. I Entered with Norime and bow his dude, he plays way of the Mantis I use the imperial favor, then I play Awed Witness to his only unbowed dude and win 1 honor. He passes i take his dudes and win 4 honor! Then I win honor, he attacks and make some stuff, but I ended up with 3 provinces 40 honor and break one of his provinces to win 3 honor with Military Alliance.

MVP: Singing Blade and Way of the Dragon for the force and tempo. +3F and bowing.

Round 5: Oscar Cooper, Phoenix Temple-fortification honor.

I knew his deck so much, tested lot of games against him, and knew exactly what he was playing, but he didn't knew about Bukita/Shirarou. The match ended up in a honor runner race wich I won thanks to Bukita and a big error played by Oscar, he decides to give me 4 honor instead of losing 2, and that gave me the game. I conceded, because I don't wan't the swiss course, not even once.

MVP: Bukita.

4-1. Still the winner of the swiss!

Top 4: Hernan with Mantis Again.

First match was easy, I break a province early, then defend, and he just couldn't break more than 2 provinces after i cross.

Second match on the other hand was actually hardcore. I started breaking a province and then another, playing rough and military while making some honor. His Shika Sensei helped a lot with the re-fill, so he can actually buy like 2 and even 3 guys per turn. I decided to go on honor and stop threatening provinces, he attacks i don't defend. He attacks again i don't defend. And in my turn end up in 38. He flips the New Order and plays it... WITH TWO PROVINCES! and buy some guy and lot of attachs. I use the stronghold and pay for Makoto ended up in 45, he attacks all to one, but i can't made enough honor for 50 with my hand, so I dont defend (I just have to make 49). Next turn I use the Stronghold and no peep. So bougth the Ivory on the province and draw a Clash of Blades. In his turn Clash of Blades with Izumiko and 50 honor, but then he attacks and take the province. Hardcore match, as I say.

Third match was quite easy, run fast, break no provinces win a battle and ended up in 40 with 2 provinces.

Final Match: Walbert Ibarra. Scorpion Conspiracy/Dishonor with Kolat Sensei.

I knew his deck too well, and knew exaclty what kind of hand I needed to win. I couldnt get close to that in neither first or second game. That's the problem with playing Switch, your deck has different modes of playing and you need to use your cards accordng to what you're facing. Here the cards just doesnt show. I wish i had a match like the first one here. ...
So I break provinces, play followers to my courtiers and weapons to the guys with no force, it was a total mess, but i played until the end. Breaking 3 provinces each game, but it wasn't enough. EAch game took arround 1 hour and a half. We ended up at 23:00 (and we started at 20:30 aprox). It was just too hard to win when your deck doesnt run as you need in the final moment. Walbert plays wonderful and with no mistakes, and even some luck, wich is fine, you need luck to win a tourney and today was not the day for me, maybe another time.

MVP: None, the deck just didn't work at all.

Good news is that Im playing in Argentinian Kotei! Hope it helps and any question about the deck (when it gets posted) you can ask me.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Kotei Santiago de Chile, 2nd place report.

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:17 pm

There'a no shame in getting out-lucked, amigo. Get 'em next time.

I think we'll be okay as long as other clans stay focused on looting from each other.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

gambit
Nikutai

Re: Kotei Santiago de Chile, 2nd place report.

Postby gambit » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:52 pm

Return to “General Discussion”