The Bride of the Emperor Storyline Tournament - Crane Bounty

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Bride of the Emperor Storyline Tournament - Crane Bounty

Postby Martino » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:37 pm

http://www.l5r.com/2015/04/06/the-bride-of-the-emperor/

"With the ascension of Iweko Seiken to the throne of Rokugan as Iweko II, the Empire celebrates the continuity of the Iweko Dynasty. Blessed by Heavens to rule Rokugan with wisdom and honor, the Emperor nonetheless needs to ensure he will himself have an heir to carry his name in due time. Looking to create stronger bonds between himself and one of the clans who tutored him, the Emperor will soon choose a bride. Beyond a simple marriage, such a choice will have tremendous impact on the political scene of Rokugan, and courtiers of all clans are doing everything they can to ensure the Emperor’s choice comes from within the ranks of their clan. At the same time, the forces of the Spider scheme to ensure the Emperor has reason to regret his disdain for their clan.

The winner of this tournament may select any one female personality from their faction to serve as the bride of the Emperor, a position often referred to as the Empress but also known as the Imperial Consort. Any female personality introduced via a personality card or previously existing within the established story, such as one of the named but as-yet-uncarded daimyo of the various families within the Great Clans, is suitable. The chosen personality must be unmarried, of course, and in the event that the winner is unsure of his choice’s eligibility, the Story Team will work with him to ensure that he has a list of eligible candidates."

This used to be one of our most important sources of power in the Empire, and I think we should take it back. So I will be starting off with a bounty:

$100 for the Crane who selects Kakita Kae as the Bride of the Emperor.

Not only is Kakita Kae one of our coolest characters, having both political connections and the notoriety of defeating the Dark Naga, but Gio is awesome and I favor player vanity characters for any story prize. I hope others will pitch in on this bounty. We should take back what is ours.

UPDATES: Additional bounties -

$250 from Kakita Kae
$100 and a Kakita Kae playmat from Doji Azai
$50 from Asahina Shimato
$50 from Daidoji Tacticus
$54 from Kakita Kasukaru
$100 from Doji Pheelyp
$25 from Kyle Patrick Smith (via Facebook)

Also, Doji Hoturi pledges $50, Kakita Shiro pledges $30, Kakita Hideo pledges $20, Doji Hajime pledges $20, and Mirumoto Daisuke pledges $101, for ANY Crane Empress.

Togashi Jo pledges $100 for ANY Crane Empress.

That puts the cash total at potentially $1050! Thanks for the support!
Last edited by Kakita Shiro on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:49 am, edited 20 times in total.
Reason: Makes the sticky

Kakita Kae
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Bride of the Emperor Storyline Tournament - Crane Bo

Postby Kakita Kae » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Last edited by Kakita Kae on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crane Clan • Courtier • Storyteller • Artisan • Chicago Crane Clan Can Queen • Charitable • Loyal

L5R Events Team
Team Vag Member

Honor Victories
Chicago '10
Austin '11
Louisville '11
Nebraska 11
KC '11
Nebraska '12
Minneapolis '12
Highland '13

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Yes, yes, yes. We need to win this tournament.
Kakita Kae is nice choice. Doji Tatsuki or Doji Dainagon are also worth considering ;-) .
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:01 pm

"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:08 pm

I would also suggest that when Kotei season is over, people who had money set aside for unclaimed bounties should go in with us. I want to be able to convince people loyal to other clans to work for us, just like we used to do in the story back in the day!

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:10 pm

I very much would like to see a Crane bride.

However, I do not want to add cash as a Bounty.

Instead, put me down for being willing to purchase both a Kakita Kae Playmat and any other available Mario Wibisono playmat.

I'll have to go check and see what is available.
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:41 pm

Count me in. There are so many reasons for this. Gio is awesome, and I like the idea of her taking this prize for the Crane a lot.

I can spare 50$ for this.

Edit: Changed it to USD to get a neat tidy sum instead of two different currencies.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:23 am

Put me in for another $50.

...I'm waffling on whether to put something down for choosing Asahina Umeko. Because on the one hand, seeing this no-name shugenja rise from obscurity to the Crane Ambassador's number two to Imperial Consort would be hilarious... but on the other hand, the wrong brother won, and I do not see a marriage to Seiken being a happy one.

Now, if there were an event to choose a bride for Shibatsu, that would be another matter...
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:11 am

Thanks for the support! I think she is the right choice for this particular Emperor!

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:23 am

Should my current bounties go unclaimed, I'll add them to this one (so about 20 USD more, potentially).
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Return to “General Discussion”