An Abstract Question

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: An Abstract Question

Postby Martino » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:45 am

Well AEG has never really worried about that, knowing that intrinsic rivalries make it impossible, but they should be able to respect what the members of a single clan want.

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: An Abstract Question

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:57 am

I'm going to cheat and say I like small intimate stories weaved into larger narratives. Case in point, the recent (and by recent I mean a few years ago) the saga of the Gempuku gang and how their side story affected the overall Destroyer war in a big way. What I like about small stories as opposed to big ones is the small character tend to interact with the setting more and really let the details of Rokugan culture breath. The problem I have with big stories is that they tend to focus on MAJOR personalites (clan champs, daimyo's, ect) dealing with issues on a massive scale while simultaneously tripping over themselves demonstrate that they are all baddasses in their own right.

And not to complain, but I want to point out one thing. When I say smaller more intimate stories I do NOT mean short little one-and-done segments, which seems to be a pattern as of late. Stories that are isolated to a single, often unimportant in the grand scheme of things event. Ill even point to something you yourself recently wrote.;
http://imperialassembly.com/news.php?news=80

Talking mainly about the first section. I loved this story because I am a winter Court player and I am biased. But I also have a problem in that this is just a peek at these characters and I dont feel like I got to know them at all (outside of my own experiences with the players). How is Keirohime's life different now that she is in the Princess's vanguard? How does the Princess feel about having her stalker in her retinue? What overall goals is she trying to achieve now and how is she doing them? What this is is a very neat look at a slice of her life but nothing worth sinking my teeth into.

On the flip side, the Sins of the Father story line was great as I really got to grow with Ichigiku and Kinaro and explore the way they interacted with the setting.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Return to “General Discussion”