Crane Victory In Chicagoland!

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Crane Victory In Chicagoland!

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Paul Ashman of the Enough Talk! L5R vlog wins with Crane in the first Twenty Festivals Strict event!
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Suzume Suzaku
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Crane Victory In Chicagoland!

Postby Suzume Suzaku » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:28 pm

Chose to antagonistically save the Ancestral Standard of the Lion, apparently.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:36 pm

So much for not making the lion hate us.

Suzume Suzaku
Hohei

Postby Suzume Suzaku » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Yep, as soon as I heard, I expect the Lion will feel that bounties to play nice aren't worth the desire to break the Crane's stuff.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:21 pm

I don't really feel any hatred toward the Lion so I don't get it. Plus we still need to save some of our clan's essential things. So what do we get? Worthless tombs and a pole with a flag on it? Then they get angry and take Kakita's The Sword or Doji courtier school. Both of which are advantageous to possess.

What we should really be doing is targeting a terrible clan like the Mantis or fighting over the Yasuki lands again. Or saving our icons??????

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:41 pm

I can't fault an opportunistic Ronin for seeking an opportunity to create strife. As long as the Lion know that the Crane base (not its fringe elements) seek peace, then I think we can maintain it.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:20 pm

Congratulations!
I honestly don't know how I feel about this. At least this kind of makes sense to take, as it is a physical object, and it makes for an interesting story... On the other hand, I am still deeply anxious about the prospect of a Crane Clan without courtiers or duelists.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:04 am

*headdesks*

Can the next Crane kotei winner perhaps have a degree of forethought that could not be unfavourably compared to a goldfish? Please?
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:29 am

OK, so, a friend of mine who reads the Unicorn private forums tells me that the winner picked the Lion ancestral standard with the idea of promoting a Crane-Unicorn alliance (!?), possibly at the request of his Unicorn finalist opponent. Now, this does make the decision slightly more explicable... but come on now. There's a ton of Unicorn icons that could have been saved for that purpose, bringing greater benefit to the Crane without making us an enemy.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:03 am

That said, pretty sure Ashman is normally a Lion player anyway, so it makes sense he would save a Lion thing.

Return to “General Discussion”