What's To Come

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's To Come

Postby Martino » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:28 am

The Spider haven't really been any worse than a lot of the Hantei Emperors that we served loyally, so it would be hypocritical (and show a massive failure to understand the setting) to think that "good vs evil" and "following the celestial order vs disobeying the celestial order" are even remotely the same thing. If a Hantei ascends to the throne, why the heck would be oppose him? We opposed Fu Leng in the Clan Wars because he actually wanted to destroy the Empire. Kanpeki wants to rule the Empire as a Hantei, just like Daigotsu always screamed. I don't see him being any better or worse a prospective ruler than Seiken, so I say if Kanpeki takes the throne we see what we can do to assure our place.

Daidoji Reiji
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 am

Yeah, but not if he uses oni and Jigoku to get it-then it's no different than a failed day of thunder. Do you want a thousand years of darkness?
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:43 am

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:53 am

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:21 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 am

I'll relent on my love of KYD the day they write a Crane as compelling as Hoturi the Heartless. So far they've progressively gone from being a Kurohito who entreated with the enemy, to a Domotai who slept with the enemy, to a Makoto who has barely done anything at all, and one of those few things was have ineffective tea with the enemy. Bleh, so awful.

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:25 am

Lol, fair enough. My two favorite characters are Hideo and Hideshi, so I will disagree that there are no compelling Crane.... but YMMV.
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:32 pm

Those two SHOULD HAVE BEEN compelling, but were basically ignored.

Zaitoichi
Nikutai

Postby Zaitoichi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Isn't Hideo still around? He could be a great leader against the darkness now that Pan'Ku is out fashioned.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Return to “General Discussion”