Crane Paths and Kotei Choices

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Crane Paths and Kotei Choices

Postby Martino » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:29 am

I can think of a number of paths that I would support -

1. "Kakita's Path" - Honorable dueling. Dueling is a fully supported honor theme for us. Our major characters are Doji Makoto, important members of the Academy staff, and the Kenshinzen. The Emerald Championship is no long an openly held event. It belongs to us like it used to when the Kakita mattered.

2. "Yoshi's Path" - Honor Courtiers. Political tricks is a fully supported honor theme for us. Our major characters are Kakita Ikura, major characters among the Doji Courtiers, and any ambassadors we may have. We should ALWAYS control the Imperial Chancellor and Imperial Advisor.

3. "Uji's Path" - Military Harriers. Dishonorable military is a fully supported theme for us. We use explosives, we kill commanders on the battlefield, we sabotage supplies. These must be REAL Harriers and not fake-Harrier scouts. We aren't as honorable as we normally are during this dark time, but we accept it and choose to be able to fight to protect ourselves and the Empire.

4. "Hoturi the Heartless' Path" - Corrupt Military Duelists - We have a fully supported military theme with dueling and oni. We have embraced Kanpeki's rise to the throne as we see that a century of his predecessors have been weak and incompetent fools. We are the true left hand of the Dark Emperor, administering his Empire with cruel, effective justice.

If I see boring dueling, or a courtier theme that doesn't include us getting back our historical control of those positions, I won't be satisfied. If I see a watered down scout theme that is not true Harriers, I will not be satisfied. I would kill for corrupt dueling, but I understand a lot of the clan thinks peace is interesting (blech). But I think a lot of us can agree that the Harriers, as Uji's legacy, deserve to exist. If our Lion-obsessed Champion disagreed, then were is our 7 starting honor?

Doji Satevis
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Satevis » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:48 am

Those ideas are all well and good for what may come for CCG mechanics, but for the actual story contents to get there -- and those of us more on the rpg end of the scales -- they feel somewhat thin on the ground. I don't fancy choosing a "path" that whittles the Crane down to one note, either, I have to admit.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:52 am

Well they've said that they're narrowing the scope of what they write about and design in a clan regardless, since they can't handle 9 fully developed clans with multiple aspects. If we're going to have to focus on one thing more than the rest, I'd like it to be a one thing that is itself interesting.

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:57 am

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:59 am

The Lion aren't as diverse as we are, thematically. They've never had their focuses taken away, either.

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:05 am

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:05 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:12 am

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:14 am

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:26 am

Return to “General Discussion”