Crane Paths and Kotei Choices

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Crane Paths and Kotei Choices

Postby Martino » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:07 am

Well I think we want to discuss it because since it happened right before the year of no fiction, it's not really clear if it did benefit us or if it was just a thing we did that happened. I mean, it's not like we did it and then Min-Hee in her gratitude helped us when the Mantis attacked us.

That Mantis war represents a problem for me. We got into a fight with a clan against whom both the Phoenix and Lion have grudges, but neither of them fought with us. I mean, if we're supposed to be the clan who builds alliances, where the heck were our allies?

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:37 am

Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:50 am

Faris Kalin
Nikutai

Postby Faris Kalin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:28 pm

Player of Asahina Farisu at WC 3

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Fri May 01, 2015 6:38 am

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Fri May 01, 2015 7:16 am

I'm suggesting that they base the story off of decisions made by players. They haven't really been doing the "interactive" part well in recent years.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun May 03, 2015 9:37 am

I can agree with you on that, Martino.

To what extent though do you think did the Story Team's narrative about the Crane's involvement in that marriage constitute a lack of interactivity with players? There should have been a Kotei to determine this or they should have conducted a poll on the Crane forums on how they should write the story?

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Sun May 03, 2015 10:56 am

I liked that story, even though I have a hard time remembering what the Crane expected to get out of their involvement. And what they got out of it in the end. And if that question is not easily answered, that's a problem.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 04, 2015 5:03 am

Actually, yes, I don't mind that kind of stories, even if it is imposed to us. But, in that kind of case, it should be very clear why the protagonists are involved in this kind of politics/policies, what they expect as "return on investment"...
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Mon May 04, 2015 5:07 am

In this case, what Dainagon expected as return on investment was that her Otomo boss recognise her as someone who gave good advice. This, she achieved. And what Shunya expected as return on investment was the Shinjo Min-Hee be favourably disposed towards him, and in particular, that she give him ownership of a paper-maker's shop so that he could start rebuilding his finances. Both of which he likewise achieved.

So, both of the characters who actually had any involvement in the matter did quite well for themselves out of it.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Return to “General Discussion”