A Proposal: Alliance with the Unicorn

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Moto Naranbaatar
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A Proposal: Alliance with the Unicorn

Postby Moto Naranbaatar » Mon May 11, 2015 10:51 pm

Doji Satevis
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Satevis » Mon May 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Greetings to Moto Naranbaatar! It is wonderful to hear from you!

A custom path supporting your first path choice, and in combination with one of our own (I am personally leaning very heavily towards a customized path of our own, as is liberally posted hereabouts *g*), has been my hope since your path choices were posted. Wonderful, to hear that the Unicorn are largely in favour, thank you for the kinds words!

I am hoping that once the player-crated path guidelines go up later in the week, we can see how we might approach this together. Also that we Crane specifically have worked out our own details at that juncture *g*

Shimizu Otori
Hohei

Postby Shimizu Otori » Tue May 12, 2015 5:02 am

I registered for the sole purpose of expressing my support of this option. The options presented to the Crane are, for lack of a better word, a little flat. We cannot align ourselves with Jogoku and we cannot flee the Empire in its time of need. However, we simply lack the martial strength to mount a meaningful offense. By working with the Unicorn, we can save both the high and low elements of Rogukani culture and marry their military with ours (imagine Daidoji spearmen with Moto on their flanks...it's a thing of beauty) while we supply material and political support.

Shinjo Kairu
Hohei

Postby Shinjo Kairu » Tue May 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Greetings honorable Crane. I am here to inform you that we have started to create a draft for an alternate story path that would focus on protecting the heimin while also allying with the Crane. As for allying with the Spider, we were discussing adopting the Susumu family into the Unicorn clan if they were to decide to flee from those loyal to Kanpeki. I personally look forward to an alliance with the Crane. I believe that while our resources will have a heavy burden thrust upon them while protecting the heimin throughout the empire, the Crane's surplus would be quite the helpful hand to our cause. While our military might could protect your clan and cultural treasures. In the past the Crane have been at the forefront of cultural change which I believe later on could truly help the societal standing of the Unicorn within the empire. Also your political prowess would be quite the asset to the Unicorn once we defeat Kanpeki. Of course I do not speak for all Unicorn, but I did want to alert to the progress of a possible alliance.

Also if you wish to see how the discussions are going you can view our Hearing The Ambassador's thread in our meeting hall.

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Tue May 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Allow me to welcome you in our courts and assure you, that we (or at least the majority of us) are really interested in the alliance with your clan! :bow:
We will try to create the best terms for as much mutual benefit as possible.
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue May 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Shinjo Kairu
Hohei

Postby Shinjo Kairu » Tue May 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Shinjo Kairu
Hohei

Postby Shinjo Kairu » Tue May 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Tue May 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Shinjo Kairu
Hohei

Postby Shinjo Kairu » Tue May 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Well then a thanks is in order for Martino-dono.

So here it is the first draft which we have also shown to a member of the ST to try to see if we can get any kind of approval.

The Path of the Open Hand and Open Road:

The diviners have predicted it. The stars have shown the events to come. The blessed Regent herself saw to it that these events became known to us. We must be the first to act, for the speed of the Children of the Wind is unparalleled.

If there is one lesson that the years have taught us with their endless conflict, it is that the Empire will survive. However, this time, we know of the events before they will occur. This time, we can reduce the loss. This time, we will be ready.

The people of Rokugan will require protection, protection that the other Clans may not afford them in their preparations for their own defense. Therefore, we must protect the people for them, though we abandon the castles of our ancestors to do so. The Unicorn will ride forth, the three armies charging to the four winds in defense of those who can not defend themselves.

Soon, the letters will begin reaching the courts of the Clans, both Great and Minor, borne by the Couriers and our allies in the Bat. In each, an offer: Open your borders to our riders, and we will see that the people are protected. Offer our forces succor, and the refugees shelter, and we may have alliance. In this time of uncertainty and strife, we will even extend the hand of Courtesy to the Phoenix, insulted though we are.

Talks have already been progressing favorably with the Minor Clans and the Crane. With our Scouts working in concert, we can know of threats as they approach, and be there to interdict. The Khol will steer the armies of Darkness away in moving combat, while the Barunghar will evacuate those who are in the path. No Heimin need fall to swell the forces of our enemy, and the Junghar will see to the defense of the lands where we are welcomed as friends and make our camps. They will arm those commoners able to fight, and teach them to defend themselves from bandits and opportunists.

However, some may not accept our proposal. Some may reject our overtures, and close their borders to the Unicorn. If they are willing to defend their own peasants, then so be it. We wish them well in their endeavors.

But if they would both close their borders and not care for their common folk, then beware. The hand of the Ide is open, extended in peace. The other hand of the Unicorn bears a blade.

This path would favor Military options, possibly with an eclectic focus on Minor Clan allied personalities and Ashigaru support. Depending on how the rest of the Empire views your actions, it may open the way for Honor support as well.

However, in mobilizing the full might of the Unicorn, borders will be abandoned by necessity and castles must be left empty. You will sacrifice many of the ancestral holdings of the Clan, resorting instead to mobile camps and the support of allies. While the Unicorn are decentralized fighting the Darkness, other factions, both within and without the Empire, may cast greedy eyes upon the vast plains the Unicorn call home. Once the danger has passed, you may find that there is no home to return to…

Return to “General Discussion”