Concerns With Crane Story Direction

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Re: Concerns With Crane Story Direction

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Tue May 05, 2015 12:31 am

Could you put surveys up on the Imperial Assembly? By definition, anyone on it has spent money to be able to influence the story and read more about it. They obviously care about it.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Tue May 05, 2015 12:57 am

The Imperial Assembly is best indeed. Otherwise, you are basically limited to votes within stronghold stores and to this website. Which has been hit really hard by the loss of the preview system.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Tue May 05, 2015 7:48 am

My only concern with the Imperial Assembly is how long it's taking to get last year's Kotei voting done.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate.

CCG Trades

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Tue May 05, 2015 7:50 am

I think that if IA is technically incapable of handling a customer survey, then AEG's website people need to prioritise fixing it yesterday. And anything that inclines AEG to place more priority on that can only be a positive.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Tue May 05, 2015 8:00 am

The IA has been a disaster since the end of Samurai, I wouldn't hold my breath. Their new brand manager was the IA director and when he moved up he immediately incorporated the overall policy of ignoring it.

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Tue May 05, 2015 7:51 pm

Well, personally, I would like to see some example Surveys that might be a thing we could incorporate into the IA, forums, Facebook, or actual hand surveys.

Please do offer simple, easy to vote upon suggestions.
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Tue May 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Doji Azai wrote:Well, personally, I would like to see some example Surveys that might be a thing we could incorporate into the IA, forums, Facebook, or actual hand surveys.

This is a good idea, then you can get better idea of what the general fan base thinks rather than just forum trolls.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Tue May 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Kakita Ijiwaru wrote:
Doji Azai wrote:Well, personally, I would like to see some example Surveys that might be a thing we could incorporate into the IA, forums, Facebook, or actual hand surveys.

This is a good idea, then you can get better idea of what the general fan base thinks rather than just forum trolls.

It's okay, you can call me by my name lol

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Tue May 05, 2015 8:53 pm

haha fair enough. I guess what I mean is that we are a small representation of the Crane here.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Tue May 05, 2015 9:30 pm

Some ideas that occur to me - I don't know whether they fit your definition of "simple", though :P

Example Survey 1, aka "An Abstract Question", wrote:What scope would you prefer to see future L5R stories focus on?
  1. Primarily grand, sweeping meta-plots featuring giant events and changes to the entire face of the Empire.
  2. Smaller, more intimate stories focusing on the fate of individual characters or small locations.
  3. A mix of both, weighted towards 1.
  4. A mix of both, weighted towards 2.
  5. An evenly-weighted mix of both.

Would you prefer to see:
    A wide array of characters from your faction given story time (say, 10-15), or:
    Narrow down the significant story time to a smaller group of more-developed characters (say, 3-5)?

Example Survey 2 wrote:Please rate your interest in seeing the following general subject matter in stories told about your Clan:

Political intrigue:
    Absolutely essential - I will not read a story that does not contain this.

Very interested - I will seek out and read any story featuring this subject matter in a significant way.

Interested - I enjoy this subject matter, and will be significantly more likely to read and enjoy any story involving this subject matter.

Indifferent - I neither particularly like nor particularly dislike this subject matter. Its presence or absence in a story will neither draw me to read it nor cause me to avoid it.

Passive disinterest - this subject matter bores me, irritates me, or otherwise reduces the appeal of any story containing it. I may still read such a story, but I am less likely to.

Active disinterest - any story focus on this subject significantly reduces my enjoyment of that story, and I will likely avoid reading it unless it contains other elements of great interest to me.

Hate it - if a story contains this element in any significant way, I will not read it.

Criminal investigation:
(See options above.)

Military conflict:
(See options above.)

Spiritual/supernatural matters:
(See options above.)

Romance:
(See options above.)

Philosophical/Ideological questions:
(See options above.)

Example Survey 3 wrote:Please rate the level of important you place on seeing the following character types represented among your Clan's signature characters. Note, L5R characters frequently fit into more than one category (courtier-shugenja, duelist-magistrate, etc).

Courtiers:
    Absolutely essential - this character type defines the identity of my Clan in my eyes, and it absolutely must have a significant presence among my Clan's signature characters. If this character type is not represented among my Clan's signature characters, I will likely not be interested in reading stories about my Clan.

Very important - I regard this character type as an important part of my Clan's identity, and will be disappointed if it is not represented among my Clan's signature characters.

Somewhat important - I regard this character type as part of my Clan's identity, but not a vital part. I would be happy to see it represented somewhere, but would not be disappointed if it were not represented.

Indifferent - I do not regard this character type as part of my Clan's identity, but I do not regard it as contrary to my Clan's identity either. I do not object to it being featured among my Clan's signature archetypes, but it should not come at the expense of more essential character types.

Negative - this character type is actively contrary to the identity of my Clan in my eyes, and I would be unhappy to see it represented among my Clan's signature characters, unless the character were clearly presented as a departure from and challenge to the ways of my Clan.

Very negative - this character type is actively contrary to the identity of my Clan in my eyes, and I would be unhappy to see it represented among my Clan's signature characters under any circumstances.

Duelists/Yojimbo:
(See options above.)

Battlefield bushi:
(See options above.)

Ninja:
(See options above.)

Magistrates:
(See options above.)

Monks:
(See options above.)

Shugenja:
(See options above.)

Is this the sort of thing you're looking for?

Return to “General Discussion”