Concerns With Crane Story Direction

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Crane Paths and Kotei Choices

Postby Martino » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:14 pm

We talk about wanting our legacies back, but I think a lot of us don't agree on which ones we want. You see that guy in your icon? Handsome guy in the fancy green armor? Pretty much the coolest guy ever. We don't have the green armor anymore, we don't have the Lion anymore, and his fighting style is basically unused. That's the stuff I want back. When did we stop caring about Kakita?

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:23 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:29 pm

I am not sorry in the least to see the thousand-year pissing match with the Lion over with. If we're picking eternal enemies, could we not pick the Crab instead? Or even the Mantis. People we have actual clashes of interest and ideology with. Not someone that we fight purely because our parents and grandparents did, going back to Matsu being chronically lacking in both consistency and a sense of proportion.

The loss of the green armour? Basically inevitable as soon as the Emerald Championship started being a CCG prize. The odds of any one Clan consistently holding it are not high. As long as it remains a CCG prize, I don't think there's much to be done about it.

Also, while you may not have enjoyed AEG's past court-focused fictions, I did, and would like to see more of them. Your taste is not universal.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

SpookyElectric
Nikutai

Postby SpookyElectric » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:39 pm

I liked how Doji Tanitsu was written, and he wasn't a duelist. He was actually my favorite Crane, back in the day. Dude was a champion.

I also liked Asahina Sekawa, but I also recognize that I'm in the minority there.
Former Story Team - Doji Tanitsu WC '07 - Doji Rinji WC '09 - GM Tenjin WC '12 & '14 - Sparrow Clan Advocate

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:54 pm

I'll accede to Doji Tanitsu, but a lot of his success was grounded in the fact that everything he did was important and involved other important people.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Also I would point out, Spooky, that you used two characters originally printed in freaking GOLD EDITION.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:30 pm

It's not that WE ever stopped caring, it's what the Story Team decided to stop writing about. Non-Crane readers could understand the Daidoji stuff more, which is awesome in its own way, but not what the majority of Crane fans are into.[/quote]

Yes.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:58 am

They also don't have courtier stories that accomplish anything. The example above is about two characters getting invitations to courts. That's not a real plot, that's small talk. Even in Spooky's well-received magistrate story, there was really no result. They sorta figured out that the Spider are not good guys? How lame is that as an "outcome?" When they decide to write court fictions with the kinds of plot importance that other fictions get, then I'll support them. Until then, stop writing stories that don't go anywhere.

SpookyElectric
Nikutai

Postby SpookyElectric » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:09 am

Former Story Team - Doji Tanitsu WC '07 - Doji Rinji WC '09 - GM Tenjin WC '12 & '14 - Sparrow Clan Advocate

Return to “General Discussion”