Concerns With Crane Story Direction

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Doji Hajime
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Concerns With Crane Story Direction

Postby Doji Hajime » Thu May 14, 2015 10:24 am

When was the last time the Crane were feared on the CCG field? I realize I been gone for a while but some of the dicussions I have been reading here seem very similar to the ones I was reading just before I left.
Doji Hajime
Crane Iaijutsu Sensei • Duelist • Samurai • Loyal • Exp 3

Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Martino » Thu May 14, 2015 10:25 am

The last time we caused real problems was the end of Celestial Edition.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 am

Early Ivory Edition Crane with Akagi Sensei were dominant enough to merit rather severe errata. Prior to that... I believe early Emperor Edition had a fairly busted Honour rocket based around the card Exquisite Gifts, and a silly Crane Oni deck based around using Artisans to duplicate Raido no Oni and go to town (apparently Crane Artisans were the bomb. Weird). Exquisite Gifts was banned and Raido no Oni was errataed to make that impossible.

Looking further back, Embassy of the Crane was notoriously strong, yes.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Thu May 14, 2015 11:53 am

In terms of stats and making the cuts in CCG, the last time was Akagi sensei pre-erratum (arguably the most unbalanced environment ever since Daramere had his regular statistics). It was and still is, after Akagi legality ended, a Scout and samurai only deck, with no dueling and no honor involved.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Fri May 15, 2015 7:29 am

"Now, with the loss of the Yoritomo, many of these prominent merchants find their primary champions in the courts of the Emperor gone."

Do the Crane not have merchant patrons? We have the Daidoji Trading Council, right?

[EEEP! Posted this in the wrong forum. My apologies. :( ]
Last edited by Doji Pheelyp on Fri May 15, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Fri May 15, 2015 7:31 am

Yes. The Daidoji Trading Council is the most powerful group of merchant patrons in the Empire. But the loss of the Yoritomo will still leave a lot of merchants abruptly deprived of their samurai patrons.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Fri May 15, 2015 7:33 am

You are right. I suppose that is what "many" means. Missed it.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Doji Hajime
Nikutai

Postby Doji Hajime » Fri May 15, 2015 11:00 am

Nice to know there were moments of Crane Dominance while I was away.
Doji Hajime
Crane Iaijutsu Sensei • Duelist • Samurai • Loyal • Exp 3

Return to “General Discussion”