Question about "Dismantling the Imperial Bureaucracy"

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Question about "Dismantling the Imperial Bureaucracy"

Postby Martino » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:46 am

So this is one of the things the Kotei participants are deciding via vote. Shouldn't we be really frightened by this possibility? Don't we have a huge number of our own people among the bureaucracy? Isn't that one of the things that has historically given us political clout, the ability to cut through red tape on things like travel papers and such?

Doji Satevis
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Question about "Dismantling the Imperial Bureaucracy"

Postby Doji Satevis » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:07 am

I cheerfully admit I was more concerned about this dismantling before the Onyx reveals. I cannot really see where there is going to be time for Seiken to pull apart the bureaucracy before hell comes to roost on Rokugan's front porch.

That said, in a system where the official bureaucracy is dismantled the ability to pull on personal connections and gift networks suddenly becomes that much more prominent ...

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:09 am

I wouldn't put too much stock in AEG ignoring it just because of Onyx, these days if players choose something, it's going to matter. Hopefully we can adapt to the new administration.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:08 pm

I too am concerned about the bureaucracy being dismantled. Are there any bounties up to encourage winners to choose something else? :(
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Well they can't exactly let a clan wither away, if it does end up impacting our political strength they'll have to let us figure out where to direct our energy otherwise.

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:07 pm

I'm not too worried. A Rokugan without an imperial bureaucracy would be indistinguishable from our current situation, here we have one and a lot of alleged influence over it that never benefits us for some reason.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:28 am

I am worried about it, because it can hardly benefit us. However, there is not much we can do about it. Presented as it is (with the word having such negative connotation in all languages), it is an easy go to vote that everyone will like. Just think about everyone playing military in the CCG and do the math. No point worrying about things we can't do anything about.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:55 am

Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:01 pm

I'm interested in what becomes of this. After-all, Bureaucracy exists for a reason. Its how a government keep order. No Bureaucracy, no order. Lets see how Seiken enjoys having a free-for-all in his court. No matter how it plays for us it isn't going to do anything but weaken the throne.

Without red tape, we don't have much to hide behind, but we are still the best at what we do: Making friends and collecting favors. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Crane establish a sort of shadow court. A need for order will arise, and we are the best administer that particular order. Well, the Lion probably think they are most suited for keeping order, but they are going to try to solve the problem the same way they always do, by declaring war on those who speak against them. It only going to make the situation worse AKA make it better for us in the long run.

Remember, eventually the Bureaucracy will need to be restored, which will give us the perfect opportunity to rebuild it as we see fit.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Return to “General Discussion”