Other Clans' PATHs

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Re: Other Clans' PATHs

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Thu May 07, 2015 2:12 am

To be honest, there has also been a very anti-Spider faction in the player base (that includes me...). For, let's say, philosophical reasons.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Thu May 07, 2015 4:01 am

Me too. Spider = darkness. And those Susumu are pesky in court. Let us keep ourselves pure.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Thu May 07, 2015 4:09 am

Not just darkness, but also violence, war, strength above honor, law of the jungle versus law of the land, etc. It's pretty much the opposite of our identity. Hence my remark about "philosophy". But apart from that, we obviously agree.
Kakita Kasukaru

Blindfish
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Blindfish » Thu May 07, 2015 7:33 am

Oh, I understand the reasoning behind wanting to keep a clan pure and keep true to your path, but I'm posting this as myself and not a personality from the Spider clan. I can totally get behind being against a clan for philosophical reasons, and I know that clan identity is a big part of the game that makes people passionate...but I also see it being used as a bit of a crutch at times.

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Thu May 07, 2015 7:56 am

I don't have a problem with Spider as long as they stay away from Jigoku. I would consider supporting them, if they choose the "Light" path and offer substantial reward (empress, offices, power...).
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Thu May 07, 2015 8:31 am

We don't have to turn into the Spider in order to work with them. I think it is to be expected that there are fundamental differences between our clans. It should be noted, though, that there is a lot of common ground, too. That common ground would be "Pincer Alliance", "Traditionalist Coalition", Crab Voice, Crab Advisor, Crab and Scorpion spouses to the Iweko, ... need I say more?

Blindfish
Hohei

Postby Blindfish » Thu May 07, 2015 9:27 am

Spider was given a pretty hard choice CCG & RPG wise with Onyx, but I believe a really interesting opportunity at the same time.

We were basically asked to either become a completely tainted clan and ally ourselves with monsters by embracing the darkness (good for CCG folks, not so good for RPG folks)...or betray our clan champion by walking in the light and continuing in the general direction Spider has been going in for the past four years (good for RPG folks, not so good for CCG folks).

The third path that a number of players have been working hard on attempts to combine the two paths that AEG came up with, attempting to find a middle ground where both CCG and RPG players can find a place to survive and have fun. Where as the "embrace" path could be seen as being very aggressive towards every other clan and life as a whole, and the "light" path basically relies on other clans helping renegade Spider survive and removes a lot of what has made Spider "The Spider", this third path of Shourido attempts to create a new dark empire under Kanpeki's rule.

Rather than howling hordes of chaos being used to crush the Empire and taint everything in sight, the idea is to put Kanpeki on the throne, then setting up Spider to act in more of an advisory role for the Empire. No forcing of the taint on anyone that doesn't accept it, but ruling with a dark fist. It reminds me quite a bit of a certain dark Empire in a galaxy far, far away. There is actually a lot of work that has been done on this Shourido path, so I'm leaving out a lot, but this seems like the basic idea in my opinion.

At the moment, almost half of the Spider are in favor of this third path, with the remainder of votes being split between the two AEG paths pretty evenly.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Thu May 07, 2015 9:35 am

Kakita Kasukaru

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Thu May 07, 2015 10:56 am

I will never support the spider.

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Thu May 07, 2015 3:52 pm

I would personally love to see two or the clans hop on board with Spider just to fuel intrigue and good story.
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Return to “General Discussion”