Other Clans' PATHs

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Asahina Shimato
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Other Clans' PATHs

Postby Asahina Shimato » Fri May 01, 2015 1:56 am

So what do you guys think about the Dragon choices? I think we would be one of the clans that would actually understand the impulse to preserve Shinseism, since we're all about preserving culture. For the other clans it sounds like weird priorities, but not for us.

Doji Satevis
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Other Clans' PATHs

Postby Doji Satevis » Fri May 01, 2015 4:09 am

Honestly? I find myself side-eyeing them, and to a certain extent feeling some sympathy for the Dragon for the hand they've been dealt.

The Spider-related choices? The Dragon have, arguably, already been deemed to have "failed" by way of what will be occurring; repeating the process seems a lesson in futility, with the potential of corruption alongside. What is there to learn that will be new, in honesty? And if the Dragon choose to attempt to shepherd again, where so much of the Spider looks to be intending to head into the exact opposite direction?

Shinseism ... is a shadowblind. Culture it may be, in the sense of spiritual "culture", but collecting relics and monks where there is as much -- if not greater -- need to preserve all that makes civilization is narrow, far too narrow a focus. They would miss the forest for the trees. There is no use to the trappings of Shinseism if all else has been ground to nothing.

The Dragon's third path? Even worse. To snap at the heels of all other Clans, literally or metaphorically, while all are contending with a literal hell on earth? Wasteful, dangerous and foolish, and likely to drag the rest of us down with them. Choosing to "confront" and possibly "defeat" all other Clans will not demonstrate a "balance", save possibly for all other Clans (that survive) to turn on the Dragon for turning their hands against all others first.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Fri May 01, 2015 6:28 am

Indeed, I do not envy the Dragon for the choices they have been given. Though providing a refugee for Spider who choose to Walk in the Light sounds appealing.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Fri May 01, 2015 8:36 am

I think tainted dragons would be fun to play for a while and make an interesting story. The Dragon are not going anywhere they would just shift focus for a bit.

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Fri May 01, 2015 8:38 am

I think it would also be a good solution if the Emperor formed a minor clan out of the Susumu and the Gyushi. Or allowed them to join their taint-free brethren among the Sparrow clan.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Fri May 01, 2015 11:54 am

The Emperor is the leader of Shintao. Hence, we must safeguard him as well.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Fri May 01, 2015 12:25 pm

So what you're saying - on the Crane forums - is that you want to move the Imperial Court to the Dragon lands, away from Toshi Ranbo?

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Fri May 01, 2015 1:21 pm

No clan is going to go for any path except the one that most closely aligns with their own vision of themselves as heroes and good guys. Much as I like it, we're not, and no one else is either. I would be stunned if the voting resulted in a single surprising path choice.

Does anyone think this will be good? I'm sure every clan would love to see someone do something shocking, but no one has the nerve to do it themselves. I'll certainly be voting for whatever is the most interesting possible path which we are presented, consequences be damned.

Daramere
Awesome Guy

Postby Daramere » Fri May 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Fri May 01, 2015 3:07 pm

I'd withdraw the Emperor to Dragon lands too. Since nothing exciting ever happens there, he would be perfectly safe.

Return to “General Discussion”