The Left Hand's Path - Crane Story Paths

Casual conversations about anything you want!

Which of the will receive your vote?

Path 1 - To Do What We Must
38%
Path 2 - The Left Hand of the Emperor
17%
Path 3a - Salvation in the Colonies
6%
Path 3b - Salvation in Rokugan
38%

Total votes: 65

Daidoji Reiji
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Left Hand's Path - Crane Story Paths

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Mon May 11, 2015 4:43 am

Also, if we want to stay with the whole undermine the Otomo angle- stocking on favors and forging alliances between the great clans against the darkness seems like a good step. After all, the goal of the Otomo is to keep all the clans at odds with each other. If we can somehow be the linchpin and the glue that holds Rokugan together in these dark times, then we can rebuild what could very well be a Seiken dismantled bureaucracy without the Otomo; perhaps even garner some favor with the new Emperor.
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Mon May 11, 2015 4:47 am

I don't think stocking up on favours is on the table here. Whatever we end up doing, we are going to be running through our favours like water to make it work. But that's fine. If we aren't prepared to spend our political capital when the literal forces of hell are on the rampage, what do we even have it for?

It is a good point, though.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 11, 2015 4:54 am

We have gathered these favors and this political clout (supposedly) for centuries: time to use it. And what better project than to push each Clan to safeguard one element of the Rokugan we all love from the forces of evil?
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Mon May 11, 2015 5:08 am

I can also see us burning through favours and balances owed like water, regardless of the path we choose and especially so if we choose a path that sets us to attempting protection and preservation.

But if we can achieve that protection and preservation, in any capacity, I would deem that burning worth it.

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Mon May 11, 2015 5:16 am

If we burn them and find ourselves once more at the center of the political universe after the dust settles, we should be able to rebuild them fairly quickly.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 11, 2015 5:20 am

So we've somehow reached a consensus on our objective for a path, it seems (saving/preserving the laws and culture of Rokugan).

That's great: all we now need to do is to reach the same consensus on the means to reach this goal. I don't think it's pure military game like Option 1, nor that it is collaborating with the enemy like Vichy French in Option 2. Option 3 is more like it, but the colonies are a bad idea and I see little politics in behaving like cowards. Hence my proposal of Option 4: use politics and our core strengths (awesome courtiers, magistrates and duelists) to be the political cement of the future Rokugan and to help unite the Clans against the enemies of Tengoku!

Let it be the path of alliances, let us be the Left Hand of the Empire, the hands that gives, not the hand that strikes to praphrase Kakita himself. We will give favors to other Clans to help them defeat Jigoku, we will resiste where and when we can and we will send teams of Kenshinzens and investigating Magistrates to save the elements of our culture worth saving, the key personalities needed to restart the Empire organisation after the War and so on.

CCG-wise, this would be best represented by Magistrate/Duelling defensive honor or switch decks... Still honorable, but beefy enough to make the Onis stop.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

AsahinaD
Nikutai

Postby AsahinaD » Mon May 11, 2015 5:28 am

We need our courtiers, too (including the Daidoji merchants). They will discuss and forge every alliance. They are the masters of gifts and favors. I'm not sure that we will be able to point into each every theme, but imo duelists combine with courtiers, not magistrates.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Mon May 11, 2015 5:38 am

Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Mon May 11, 2015 5:44 am

Agreed- mechanically dueling switch seems like our go to in an arc that will be filled with war and destruction. The higher authority can't help us very much when it is on the run

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Mon May 11, 2015 5:50 am

I am with AsahinaD in this - We shouldn't forget our courtiers. They have important part to play. ;-)
But I will be happy for any defensive honor.
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Return to “General Discussion”