Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Casual conversations about anything you want!

Choose your path!

Poll ended at Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Alliance With The Unicorn/Safehold
No votes
Endure the Occupation
6%
The Path of Compassion
3%
Walking The Earth
No votes
Guard The Way
No votes
We Can Rebuild
No votes
The Path of Creation
6%
Blossoms In The Wind
No votes
Honorable Hostages
6%
The Left Hand's Duty
79%

Total votes: 33

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Wed May 13, 2015 11:38 am

I said favouring Honour decks because that's the outcome I want. As I said, if it's not the outcome you want, then that's fine. Your preferences are your own.

I also enjoy switch decks, as it happens, but again - I do not share your faith that Option 1 is a path that will lead to them being supported. The fact that winning by reaching 40 Honour will technically remain an option barring major rules changes is not the same as it being a viable strategy to pursue for us, and if we vote for an option that explicitly puts our focus somewhere else, why would we expect AEG to continue supporting it as a Crane strategy? What kind of sense would that make?
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Makoto
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Makoto » Wed May 13, 2015 11:58 am

I am with Tacticus in this. Path 1 is military only, and that's not the reason why I am playing as a Crane. I want viable honor decks back (preferably courtier based, but duelists will do :D ).
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Akodo_Metuki
Hohei

Postby Akodo_Metuki » Wed May 13, 2015 12:01 pm

I had a suggestion for the Crane/Lion Paths. I'm going to put it up on the Lion forums shortly as well, but wanted to throw it out there and see what you guys thought.

As part of the Crane Lion Alliance which I am a supporter of.

While the Lion do everything in their power to protect the Emperor, We could also use our armies to do our best to try and protect the Crane Lands and castles while you focus on protecting the art and culture of Rokugan.
Leave us the Daidoji, and whatever other warriors you don't need to protect yourselves in the Colonies, and try and do what you can from their to support the Lion's fight to protect the emperor.

I think the obvious drawback is both of our clans would end up over extended and risk losing everything. I haven't looked at it from a CCG stand point but assume it would be political for Crane with some military/scout in the Daidoji, and obviously Military for the Lion just with less focus on attacking.

The Lion even with our armies would be stretched thin, trying to protect the Emperor, and the Lion and Crane lands so there is a clear risk of losing a lot for both clans, and a lot of man power would be lost on the Lion side. But with the Crane protecting the arts and culture, and helping the Lion with materials to fight Kanpeki and Jigoku, the Lion could focus on the war effort, And the Crane could try and save culture of Rokugan. of course, we could lose everything, if the alliance fell apart, if the Lion fail because they are stretched to thin, or if the Crane failed to support the lion via materials.

I think it provides a drawback(a lot of dead Lion) and possibilities of terrible terrible things if we fail.

LMK what you guys think, of course I have no idea if the story team would allow something like this, even if we wanted to do it.
Akodo Metuki
Lion Clan Samurai
Manatee Clan
Atlanta 2015 Kotei Top of Clan Lion
Atlanta 2015 Kotei 5th place
Tampa 2003 Kotei 3rd place(dammed Crab Walls)
Rush "We are only Immortal for a limited time"

Daidoji Maseru
Nikutai

Postby Daidoji Maseru » Wed May 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Case Lopez / Daidoji Maseru
Collector of Ujis
To Do What We Must

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed May 13, 2015 12:06 pm

I think despite the emphasis on "militaristic aspects" over "political ones", there doesn't have to be a disconnect between it and Honor decks. For example, Pure Intent: it's a card that is useful for both military and honor decks that helps advance both win conditions. More cards such as this instead of Action-phase Honor gains would go a long way to showing that militarism and honor are not somehow exclusive (it is, after all, the central conceit of the Lion Clan).

EDIT: Though, of course as I say this I realize why people wouldn't like it.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Daidoji Maseru
Nikutai

Postby Daidoji Maseru » Wed May 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Case Lopez / Daidoji Maseru
Collector of Ujis
To Do What We Must

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed May 13, 2015 12:13 pm

I'm talking to some people about getting an AEG rep to come here and talk to us about adjusting Path 1 to explicitly include honor decks. Would people have more support for it if that were the case? It seems like from a story aspect it has a lot of support, but I also agree that we overwhelmingly want honor decks in our repertoire. Now that Path may be defensive honor or switch honor instead of courtier rocket, but I think its a worthwhile compromise.

Thoughts?

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Wed May 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Wed May 13, 2015 12:17 pm

We've been cooperating for 70 years. Where were the Lion when we fought the Crab, the Dragon, and the Mantis? Fat lot of good that alliance has done for us. Kick em to the curb, I say.

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Wed May 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Return to “General Discussion”