Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Casual conversations about anything you want!

Choose your path!

Poll ended at Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Alliance With The Unicorn/Safehold
No votes
Endure the Occupation
6%
The Path of Compassion
3%
Walking The Earth
No votes
Guard The Way
No votes
We Can Rebuild
No votes
The Path of Creation
6%
Blossoms In The Wind
No votes
Honorable Hostages
6%
The Left Hand's Duty
79%

Total votes: 33

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:30 am

Really do not want to see a time jump.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:42 pm

Good news, everyone! The Left Hand's Duty has received preliminary approval. Laderoute may be getting back to me later to discuss it further; I'll keep everyone posted.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:57 pm

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:21 am

Good work!
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Kakita Mitsuhide
Gunso

Postby Kakita Mitsuhide » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:29 am

Your argument for AEG to redo the RPG line is that 'they need to do it to make money'. Okay it's not a bad point I agree, and they could do it. However to assume that the publisher of an RPG product that is generally timeline neutral (ie: it's not tied to the story results/effects in the same way as the CCG) is going to remove previously created material that relates to the core concept of various elements of the world is blowing things out of proportion. And it simply does not make any logical sense to do that. In fact doing that is likely to alienate customers, so why would you put all that work into an RPG only to not be able to sell it to your target audience?

I hear that Heroes of Rokugan is based on the Toturi dynasty even throughout all the changes/impacts/deaths/losses and the creation of the Iweko dynasty in the 'official' storyline. And they're playing using 4th edition, and edition that was printed [b]after[b] said dynasty was founded. Did AEG invalidate or remove the option to all groups like HoR to be able to run that kind of game, with those kind of options, just because of a change to the 'official' story? Because I didn't see it.

You linked the Brand's lovely post about there not being a reset button. That, by my reading of it, is in relation to the storyline (and with regards to Paths the CCG). The RPG is not (and should not) be tied into the same restrictions as that completely ignores the reason why people play those kind of games. Which, from where I'm sitting, is to make characters and enjoy your game in your way. Want a game where the taint is a massively crippling, wasting and infectious condition - here's the tools to do that. Want to have it work in the post-Daigotsu Lord of Jigoku method, well here's the tools for that as well. AEG are not going to remove elements of an RPG, and before you point at the lack of Harriers in 4th compared to 3rd there are options in character creation and role-playing that would allow you to play that sort of character. But Harriers were not as iconic as Dragon Tattooed Monks, of Doji Courtiers, or Tainted Samurai. So why remove them from a game that, like I keep saying, is not bound to the story and its effects in the same way as the CCG is.

Worry more about the loss of Courtiers in our CCG decks before worrying about the loss of a Crane Courtier school in the RPG.

And for the record L5R RPG release years. Okay this doesn't help my point that they don't need to redo the edition since its been a 5 year break between editions, but that doesn't mean they're going to remove or invalidate elements of the game.
1st: 1997
2nd: 2000
3rd: 2005
4th: 2010

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:43 pm

"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:09 am

Congratulations! I saw today the post on AEG's L5R site. Looks like our option will be (re-)worked out. That's great.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:26 am

Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:36 am

That's what I would be voting for if I decide to get a paid Imperial Assembly membership. :)
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Return to “General Discussion”