Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Casual conversations about anything you want!

Choose your path!

Poll ended at Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Alliance With The Unicorn/Safehold
No votes
Endure the Occupation
6%
The Path of Compassion
3%
Walking The Earth
No votes
Guard The Way
No votes
We Can Rebuild
No votes
The Path of Creation
6%
Blossoms In The Wind
No votes
Honorable Hostages
6%
The Left Hand's Duty
79%

Total votes: 33

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Another Way - Proposals for Alternate Story Paths

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Thu May 28, 2015 10:57 am

Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu May 28, 2015 11:51 am

I do not care for the idea that the more one spends the greater say they should get in Clan affairs.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Thu May 28, 2015 1:31 pm

I get where you are coming from. There are limits though to how money spent influences the main story. For example, one gets only one Imperial Assembly vote, no matter how much one shells out for AEG.

Moreover, though having a paid Imperial Assembly membership does grant one more say in Clan affairs than not having one, there are other ways of gaining influence (Winter Court, proposing alternate Path Choices, engaging in thoughtful, productive conversation those who do spend money, inviting others to play the game, etc.) that may outweigh the influence of having said membership.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Kakita Takata
Nikutai

Postby Kakita Takata » Thu May 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Um... Where does it say you need a PAID ia membership to vote on the Clan Path? I haven't seen that in any of the L5R.com posts. Can you link please.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu May 28, 2015 4:16 pm

I'm not saying I object to the Imperial Assembly. What I object to is some sort of electoral process where dollars spent grant you proportional clout.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Thu May 28, 2015 4:26 pm

AEG needs to care about it, though. The RPG is a wonderful product, but it doesn't keep the lights on. And when a clan is as divided as ours between CCG players and RPG players, that presents a problem for them.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu May 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Thu May 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Thus a pretty significant problem.

Daramere
Awesome Guy

Postby Daramere » Thu May 28, 2015 4:54 pm

I seriously doubt that the IA is "dominated" by RPG players. There just aren't enough of them.

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Thu May 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Did you know that the Heroes of Rokugan campaign has been better-attended than the CCG at the past few Gencons? And those folks do care about the story, I know a lot of them with IA memberships. A lot of them who applied for an played in Winter Court. And a lot who are carefully following the paths.

Return to “General Discussion”