Strange Assembly - A Legend of the Five Rings Podcast

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Daramere
Awesome Guy

Strange Assembly - A Legend of the Five Rings Podcast

Postby Daramere » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Well, not just an L5R podcast anymore, but all of the posts here will be about L5R episodes.

James Donnithorne-tait - Kotei Winner and maker of the cut at approximately 17 other Kotei this year - stops by to talk The Coming Storm, Kotei season, GenCon, story prizes, tournament structure, and other L5R matters.

Asahina Shimato
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Strange Assembly - A Legend of the Five Rings Podcast

Postby Asahina Shimato » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:15 pm

I'm not a native speaker and I had to admit defeat in this episode. The audio quality was utterly frustrating. Would it be possible to get a summary of sorts?

Daramere
Awesome Guy

Postby Daramere » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Yeah, JDT's audio did not come out as clear as I would have liked. Not sure what happened, since it seemed fine at the time we were recording (well, there was some annoying and unexplained beeping from time to time, but I think I was able to remove all of that). My apologies. Unfortunately, there isn't really any good way to summarize, since it was basically us bouncing around from card to card and topic to topic.

Kakita Kire
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakita Kire » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Really enjoyed this, thanks Chris. Also thumbs up for the discussion of involvement and formats for the various parts of tournaments. As a newer player some of the points were especially interesting.
Crane Clan • Duelist • Go Dan • Naval • Poet • Tea Master

aka thecameronin

Daramere
Awesome Guy

Postby Daramere » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:15 pm

Chris and Jay talk about all the L5R action coming up at GenCon 2014.

Daramere
Awesome Guy

Postby Daramere » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 pm

2014 GenCon Champion Case Kiyonaga stops by to talk GenCon and L5R.

Daramere
Awesome Guy

Postby Daramere » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Chris and Jay talk about the L5R happenings at GenCon 2014.

Daramere
Awesome Guy

Postby Daramere » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:23 pm

GenCon BigDeck Champion and Naga stalwart Chris "Qalyar" Justice stops by to talk about ... ummm ... the Naga, BigDeck, and GenCon.

Daramere
Awesome Guy

Postby Daramere » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Reese visits the show to take us behind the scenes of Siege: Heart of Darkness:

And, after Worlds, Chris and Jay talk about the status of Victory Through Deference, the results of Worlds, the future of L5R, the new preview method, and the 20 Festivals Strongholds.

Daramere
Awesome Guy

Postby Daramere » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:45 am

You can read the long version on the SA website () which will link you to the actual auction, but the short version is that I put up a stint as a guest host on the podcast as a charity auction item, and by bidding on it you'll not only be helping out fellow gamers (and their families) in need, but also helping let the broader board game community know that L5R still rocks on the charity front. The exact auction link is . So check it out! Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”