Do people like dueling?

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Ancestral Armor
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Do people like dueling?

Postby Ancestral Armor » Mon May 25, 2015 4:15 pm

It seems like they are doing a lot with dueling and not really focusing on anything else and I am wondering if people actually like dueling. I personal don't really like it.
"I rarely find myself needing armor. But when I do, I require absolute perfection." - Doji Makoto

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Do people like dueling?

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon May 25, 2015 4:28 pm

I would say the majority of the Crane player base has positive feelings for dueling.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Kuribe
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Kuribe » Mon May 25, 2015 5:02 pm

I definitely like dueling. It's an iconic theme for the Crane in both the RPG and the CCG. It's not always the best deck, but it can usually at least be usable. It was my best deck back when I played during Gold, and I still usually keep a dueling deck around even if I wouldn't take it to a Kotei. I think dueling is a fun and flavorful deck style.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 25, 2015 9:48 pm

I don't know many Crane players who don't like duelling. I loved it when it was good (Celestial). Since then, it hasn't been very good at all. This Arc it's pretty terrible, probably precisely because too many CLans have the option, which makes it a too unreliable strategy for deck building, at least for defensive honor. I hear that one of the good Spider military decks duels quite well. Scorpion ninja is pretty nasty too in that regard.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Kakita Mitsuhide
Gunso

Postby Kakita Mitsuhide » Tue May 26, 2015 12:53 am

Crane players traditionally like dueling. As do other dueling clans (which is mainly Dragon and not much else). Everyone else in my experience hates it. Which is why I'm glad they're putting dueling across the board and not leaving it as a niche thing for 1 clan. Let's see everyone else complaining about the op-ness of the mechanic when they're also using it. :P

Ultimatecalibur
Gunso

Postby Ultimatecalibur » Tue May 26, 2015 2:45 am

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Tue May 26, 2015 3:05 am

I personally like other things (courtier honor, magistrates) more than dueling. But I respect dueling as a part of Crane identity.
Main problem probably is, that I am not able to create good dueling deck, Don't know why :oops: .
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Tue May 26, 2015 6:58 am

I love dueling, if it weren't for dueling I would play another clan.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Tue May 26, 2015 9:33 am

It is the most enjoyable aspect of the game for me and the reason I chose Crane.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Tue May 26, 2015 10:18 am

I, also, like Dueling.

The reason it's thought to be bad right now is because of the mirror match - what do you do when you face an opponent with chi and focus values as good as yours?
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Return to “General Discussion”