Rules question: Cavalry

Casual conversations about anything you want!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ancestral Armor
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rules question: Cavalry

Postby Ancestral Armor » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:23 pm

I didn't see any other topics about this and hope this is the right place to post this but I am confused on cavalry. The rule book says that cavalry is Absent Engage: Terget your unbowed Personality in a Cavalry unit at any location. Move him to the current battlefield. Now the problem I am having the people at my venue are saying that you can only use Cavalry once per turn no matter how many Cavalry units you have. I am not seeing anything that says that anywhere so I am wondering if that is correct or not.
"I rarely find myself needing armor. But when I do, I require absolute perfection." - Doji Makoto

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Re: Rules question: Cavalry

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:08 am

That's essentially correct. It is a once per turn ability, regardless of the number of cavalry unit.
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:24 am

The reason for this is that where it is printed, it is a bold-faced ability. Thus it faces the same once-per-turn restriction that limits all bold-faced abilities to once per turn. It's the same reason we cannot lobby for or use a single Favor ability more than once per turn.

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:38 am

In order to get more uses, it would have to say Repeatable.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Or written as though it were a trait.
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Return to “General Discussion”