Fiction - Where to begin?

Casual conversations about anything you want!
blueroseknight
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fiction - Where to begin?

Postby blueroseknight » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:42 pm

I would like to read about and understand the fiction behind recent story line events but am a little intimidated regarding where to start. Could you please point me in the right direction as to a good starting point for the current arc? Sorry for the newbie question but with so many neat storyline events I want to be up to speed. Thanks!

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Fiction - Where to begin?

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:44 pm

Let me answer your question with a question: What do you know about Rokugan thus far?
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

blueroseknight
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby blueroseknight » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Hmm well, I know that there are various clans who are fighting and that they recently fought over the areas in the colonies (where Crane didn't do so well). I know the basic mindset behind each clan but can't really name any personalities who are currently active in the story. My knowledge is pretty limited to general motivations and roles. I'd love to learn more about key events and specific names / titles.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:54 pm

If you're a consumer of the CCG, then the 16th card in every booster pack has a chance at getting a scroll with the text of the major events that shaped Rokugan, starting with The Dawn of the Empire.

If you're willing to search it, then Kaze no Shiro is also a good place to go. It's the online repository of just about every piece of fiction written about Rokugan.

blueroseknight
Hohei

Postby blueroseknight » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Thank you! I just ordered a starter deck online; I haven't played since Emperor Edition so the 16th card thing is certainly news to me! I've browsed some sites thus far and will be sure to check out the one you suggested. I was just hoping that the fiction was more streamlined.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:58 pm

MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:56 pm

Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:31 pm

I would just go to Kaze no Shiro and under the official fiction tab start with A Brothers Destiny and then read up through Onyx Edtition

SpookyElectric
Nikutai

Postby SpookyElectric » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Don't forget to read any and all fictions written by some scrub named Robert Denton.

...That alone won't catch you up, you understand, just thought I'd suggest it. :cool:
Former Story Team - Doji Tanitsu WC '07 - Doji Rinji WC '09 - GM Tenjin WC '12 & '14 - Sparrow Clan Advocate

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Return to “General Discussion”