L5R Speculation in 2017

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Himoto
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: L5R Speculation in 2017

Postby Himoto » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:38 pm

I'm all for cutting the factions back down to their essence. If it means getting rid of the asinine "themes" and treating individual families as separate factions that required their own deck types that AEG kept foisting on us.

The Crane is not a collection of faction with wildly diverse goals ranging from sneaky conquest (Daidoji scouts) to depopulating Rokugan (Kakita dueling) to mocking everyone into oblivion (Kakita jester or whatever that theme was heading into) to...managing temples of whatever the heck the Asahina theme was supposed to be. All of these are part of the clan, yes, but they're cogs that support the Crane factions, not individual factions with their individual way of doing things.

I want a Crane deck where Daidoji personalities and Kakita duelists delay attacks and attrition attackers while Crane courtiers bring about my ultimate victory in court. I want a Lion deck where the Akodo tactician use the strength of the Matsu in support of their own tactics. A Unicorn deck where the battle maiden are the shock troops supporting the rest of the army.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:04 pm

The point in having multiple factions to begin with is so that if you want to try a different style of gameplay you play a different clan. AEG made it very difficult by trying to please all the people who wanted to play other clans without switching.

Kakita Aki
Hohei

Postby Kakita Aki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:26 pm

I wonder what's going to happen to the RPG. Would be be splitting it up at all as they've done with the Star Wars and 40k lines? That'd make things kind of awkward, though.

I'd be all for a time skip, though, it'd be a wise choice. I wouldn't want a full reboot.

Return to “General Discussion”