Alternate Clan Wars Rokugan

Casual conversations about anything you want!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Alternate Clan Wars Rokugan

Postby KakitaKaori » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:42 pm

So, I'm enjoying doing the writeups of my current RPG, set in the Onyx Empire. But my dear friends, Brent and Joan, (players for Shasimasu and Nao) just had a beautiful baby girl, it might be a few weeks before I'm able to write up the next one.

However, we have had a number of really epic long-term L5R campaigns set in the past, not always with this group. One of the best things about the campaign was that it crisscrossed the timeline. It ends up with a different take on clanwars, one which could have ended up much like the card game version of clanwars as documented historically, but one which gives the PCs a very large role. The PCs interact people like Toshimoko or Hida Sukune, do very main-plot relevant things, and get to be right in the action on the Day of Thunder, for example.

I've thought for a while that it might be useful to give others the general outline of the campaign with various adventures. Then if any of you are gamemasters, you want you can run /your/ players through clan wars and they can be as heroic as the Thunders themselves....if slightly less recognized.

I think I can write it up in a way that people can see their own characters in the story, no matter the clan.

Would people be interested in reading such a set of adventure/campaign writeups on this board? I'd be inclined to post it here while traffic is so low instead of the RPG board, just to keep the board alive, but maybe Shiro-sama could move it if traffic picks up?

Let me know if there's any interest.

Thanks,
Kakita Kaori
Littlest Kenshinzen.
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Alternate Clan Wars Rokugan

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:51 am

I am interested! :)

I wonder though how games like that are played. Assuming that the Main Plot characters and events remain the same, then the players already have foreknowledge of these.... oh, I guess that's where the difference between what the players know and what the characters know come into effect. :O
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:33 am

Well, I guess even without more replies, I'll let you find out how we did it. This is a set of three Campaings... Storm Rising, set about 12 years prior to the Scorpion Clan Coup, Sword of the Emperor, set during the Scorpion Clan Coup and immediately afterwards, and Comes the Lightening, set after the Scorpion Clan Coup and going up to the Day of Thunder. I'll post them here just to funnel all traffic to one board, though I will give a plug to Doji Hajime-san, who is sharing his Four Winds game on the RPG board here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=824. Kakita Shiro-sama can move my posts to the RPG board if he wants, or let me know and I'd be happy to move them.

Thanks!
Kakita Kaori
Littlest Kenshinzen.
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm okay with leaving it here. There won't be any major overhaul of the forum layout until we get closer to the LCG release in the summer of 2017.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Return to “General Discussion”