Tomorrow's Prophets

Casual conversations about anything you want!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tetsuhiko
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tomorrow's Prophets

Postby Tetsuhiko » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:04 am

Greetings, followers of Doji,

Some of you might already heard of us. We are a small but dedicated team of fans who wants to help keeping the spirit of L5R alive. Our project, Tomorrow's Prophets, is a fan-driven alternate timeline. Through it, we wants to give a little something to all those fan tournaments out there that, unfortunatly, no longer have an interactive storyline to shape.

The basis of our alternate setting is simple. Tomorrow, the Nezumi's nemesis, was never truly defeated, only imprisoned. In the near future, it manages to free itself and continues his rampage. However, Tomorrow doesn't obey the same rules as the rest of the universe. He moves through time backward and unmake history, from end to beginning.

Deep inside the Realm of Dreams, Yogen-Sha Toshi, the city of Prophets awakens from its slumber and calls for heroes. Thanks to it, many samurais from different moments in history will be saved from destruction and will unite to defeat the beast once and for all.

Unfortunatly, irrepairable damage will be done to the timeline and the city, alongside its many glorious heroes will appear in the Realm of mortals, just days prior to the Scorpion Clan Coup. They will completly change the balance of power of the time and, thanks to their knowledge of future events, change how history will unfold itself.

Right now, the fan tournaments are each assigned an edition of the Card Game, and the winners have the chance to save personalities from that time period. Who will be saved will determine the final outlook of Yogen-Sha Toshi.

You can find all the stories written so far here: https://tomorrowsprophets.wordpress.com/

And now, because there is more to the fandom than tournament players, we decided to give opportunities to the forum users (lurkers included), to participate.

The specifics can be found here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.co ... pirations/

Of course, you are free to answer here or in the FFG forum and every post count, no matter where they are from.

Tell us what you think, we really want to hear your opinions.

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Re: Tomorrow's Prophets

Postby KakitaKaori » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Greetings!

I'm sorry I haven't responded for so long. I have been struggling to follow the Tomorrow's Prophets storyline, and I have, naturally, found the effort to create it valiant. However, I am not a philosopher or shugenja, only a simple swordswoman, and I have never understood the philosophies of the Nezumi. I have read the stories that have been crafted, but failed to understand them.

I admit that I was silent for so long in the hopes that someone cleverer than I would be able to explain this to me better, but no one has, and now I must admit my lack of understanding in full. I apologize. I wish you well with your stories, and will gladly steer wiser people than me to your halls if they have interest in such things. I know there are few of us left here, though...too few even to respond to tales told in these halls, I suppose. Good luck!
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Greetings!

I too offer apologies. The esoteric ruminations of prophets and shugenja mystify a humble courtier as myself, and so I have had little to offer except quiet support for your heroic effort to keep our spirit alive. :bow:
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Coyote Walks
Hohei

Postby Coyote Walks » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:41 pm

We have a new Chapter while tournament results are written up.

We'd really like to know what the Crane think of this.

(please let me know if the PDF doesn't work fork you)

Enjoy.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Cyberpunk Rokugan. I like it.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:23 am

Refreshing work!

I especially appreciated how the Crane persevered through persecution, preserving both their honor and Lady Doji's Tears through the generations. :'(

The collaboration between the Crane and the Scorpion (could the Master of Networks be anything else?) was a cool touch as well.

I also liked how the Tears did not prevent Ujirou from cutting down Jin, and that the decision to refrain from doing so came from the samurai himself. In my head, this mercy, utilitarian though it was, allowed the Tears to do its work.

When Jin revealed he was the First Lieutenant of the Daidoji Capital Group, it reminded me fiercely of the scene in Cloud Atlas when Hae-Joo Im reveals he is a member of Union, the rebel organization in that world. :)
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:37 pm

I loved the Crane in Rokugan 2K, so I greatly appreciated this chapter. Thank you!
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Coyote Walks
Hohei

Postby Coyote Walks » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:26 am

The latest chapter is up in which we see the Jade dust of a broken tear put to use and we see mighty heroes fall.

The Second Battle of Tomorrow
https://community.fantasyflightgames.co ... -tomorrow/

:bow:

Return to “General Discussion”