Crane Stuff

Casual conversations about anything you want!
kempy
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Crane Stuff

Postby kempy » Fri May 27, 2016 11:30 pm

AFAIK there's 2 for 2 Legacy.
Ratling • Nonhuman • One Tribe • Tactician • Nametaker

Tokuan
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tokuan » Sat May 28, 2016 12:20 am

Wow, thanks for dropping all of this stuff Tetsuro to let us see the path not taken. :)

I imagine it is hard for everyone involved to see their work fall by the wayside.

Delighted to read that my Winter Court PC might have eventually received a card according to this post (and the opening post of this thread!):

http://www.spiderclan.net/viewtopic.php?p=27943#p27943

Would make my day/month if anyone knows what Haturo's card would have looked like. :bow:

A slightly heartbreaking moment for me, having been a long time L5R player (since time of the Void!) but only played my first Kotei in Sheffield a few years ago (placing 9th!) and loved Winter Court IV (even here I only hit my stride halfway through - I'll confess to feeling a little intimidated by the quality of the player base!). Was getting properly involved in the game only to see it pause/change.

Still, haven't made the same mistake with Doomtown: Reloaded and I'm enjoying it even more because I'm properly involved in the community.

Here's my WC IV wrap and the summary of the iaijutsu tournament I wrote for our delegation's final report.

Kakita Haturo - 200 word limit

A traditional Kakita warrior-poet with contempt for peasants, Haturo intended to pursue marriage, achieve his parents' ambitions and provide a surprise duelist, disproving his reputation as an inept sensei.

To help stymie the Otomo, Haturo defeated Seppun Kyosuta in a duel, forcing an apology from Otomo Koji.

Haturo's finest moment came when he won the iaijutsu tournament in a classic Mirumoto against Kakita final. He struck up a friendly rivalry with the beaten finalist, Mirumoto Shou.

Subsequently, Haturo created the “Contest of the Red Ribbon” at his dojo, where Shou would attempt to claim Haturo's tournament ribbon. In future generations, their students would contest the ribbon, inscribed with a poem of friendship by Doji Yukihiro. Haturo incorporated the tea ceremony the honourable Dragon organised prior to the final.

Struck off an Oni's limb alongside Shou and overcame his disdain for peasants to help quell a riot.

Haturo honoured his father with his fine performance in the Bowman's Wager, but a samurai isn't just a warrior. Therefore Haturo was pleased to honour his artisan mother by placing strongly in the Winding Water Banquet and opening the Crane's play with a poem.

An Ikoma bride will join him in the Crane.

The iaijutsu tournament Final: birth of a rivalry

After many tough matches, the iaijutsu tournament came down to a confrontation as old as the Empire - Kakita Haturo against Mirumoto Shou.

But before steel is drawn, in a display of great generosity of spirit, the Dragon Clan's Togashi Obote and Mirumto Shou invite Shou's Crane opponent to a tea ceremony, demonstrating their honour and the culture that binds the Empire together. This was particularly apt as Shou's noble gesture was prompted by a poem of unity written several days earlier by Haturo's friend, Doji Yukihiro.

Haturo was victorious, his blade striking Shous's red ribbon from his sleeve. The Kakita then offered to face Mirumoto Shou again a year later at his dojo. This annual "Contest of the Red Ribbon" would be to claim Haturo's unbroken red tournament ribbon, now embroidered with Yukihiro's poem to remind them of why they fought. They made plans for their students to one day carry on this rivalry improving both schools and honouring the "Thousand Years of Style" kata.

Both men are warrior-poets, and joined in prayer together several days later and again to face down an oni, Haturo's single perfect strike severing an Oni limb while Shou rained blows on the beast. Even facing down the Empire's greatest foe the swordsmen competed against each other.

In kenjutsu, poetry and iaijutsu the men were of similar talent but contrasting styles, setting out to push each other on in a rivalry for the ages.
I was Kakita Haturo, Iaijutsu Tournament champion at Winter Court IV

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Sat May 28, 2016 1:47 am

Oops, sorry, forgot old Forgotten Legacy.

And yes, there was a 2 for 2 legacy as well, called Radiant Bay.
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

kempy
Nikutai

Postby kempy » Sat May 28, 2016 6:20 am

Why Dashmar is Experienced 3 when it's just MRP of this version?

Ratling • Nonhuman • One Tribe • Tactician • Nametaker

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Sat May 28, 2016 6:33 am

Deleted.
Last edited by Tetsuro on Sun May 29, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Sumerlin

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat May 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat May 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Sat May 28, 2016 11:37 pm

Deleted.
Jeremy Sumerlin

Dare
Daimyo

Postby Dare » Mon May 30, 2016 9:09 am

Anyone collate all this before it got nuked?

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Tue May 31, 2016 4:50 am

I second what Dare asked. I have been busy occupying my time with other games and work so as to not think of my poor Cranes, and totally missed all of this.
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Return to “General Discussion”