It's here

Casual conversations about anything you want!
KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Re: It's here

Postby KakitaKaori » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:36 pm

I do like that very much.
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm finally getting a chance to go over everything. So far I am liking what I am seeing. The game doesn't really look that different, just some of the phases have been rebranded and expanded (political conflict is basically a revision of Open actions). I am ver surprised how eloquently they got rid of the steamroll effect that permeated the old game.

Looks like a big change we are going to have to get used to is the political conflict system, in which we now have to learn how to attack and defend. Of course, if the game again slanted heavy military it might be something we can easily win and still focus on defending military aggressors
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Tetsuro
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tetsuro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:40 pm

It's gonna play a lot like Game of Thrones from the looks of it, with some mixing of their other games here and there. It's something of an FFG Frankenstein's Monster at the moment.
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

Corbeau
Nikutai

Postby Corbeau » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Worth noting:

"Important Note: Though only one core set is needed to both build decks and play games of Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game, competitive players may wish to purchase additional copies of the core set to gain more copies of individual cards. Some cards will require two core sets to collect a full playset of three cards, while others will require three core sets."

So it's Netrunner all over again. I will likely give this a pass after all. There are better ways to spend upwards of a hundred bucks.

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:29 pm

It's pretty standard fare for FFG games. They say you will need two core sets to be competitive, but that's standard FFG company line, and you'll most likely need 3.

Expect the buy in to be about $140 USD.
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:34 pm

*shrug* I've spent more on CCG cases and NOT gotten a full playset. seems reasonable
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Himoto
Gunso

Postby Himoto » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Tokuan
Nikutai

Postby Tokuan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 pm

I was Kakita Haturo, Iaijutsu Tournament champion at Winter Court IV

Return to “General Discussion”