April 19 Announcement: Storyline and Art

Casual conversations about anything you want!
KakitaKaori
Shireikan

April 19 Announcement: Storyline and Art

Postby KakitaKaori » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 am

Just to separate from Mechanics questions:

What are your thoughts on the storyline as announced?
What hints are there in the card art?

I thought the art was gorgeous. But...somehow suspect we won't see a rehash of the Hoturi/Kachiko romance this time. Actually, for me that's a great thing...it clearly says that this is not going to be the same storyline. We are lucky...we don't need to worry about seeing our beloved original thunder doing completely different things in this storyline. They are much more clearly separate worlds and separate storylines. It makes it easier for us than most of the other clans.
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Re: April 19 Announcement: Storyline and Art

Postby KakitaKaori » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:03 am

A player on the facebook page said that Daidoji Narishma was a prize for a story tournament for AEG as a named card/Topaz Champion, and there seems to be a card in this set named that. Does anyone know about that?
Kakita Kaori
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:42 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Tetsuro
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tetsuro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:14 am

That was Daidoji Nerishma, I designed his never released original version for the old game. I haven't seen the new card but if it is the same name then yes it was a prize card we intended to make. I believe it was named after a the character of a person who passed away so it's good if they did indeed follow through on that. Those always got priority over most any other tribute cards we made.
Last edited by Tetsuro on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:23 pm

The card is a little hard to read. I'm glad they went through.
Kakita Kaori
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Tokuan
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tokuan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:40 pm

I was Kakita Haturo, Iaijutsu Tournament champion at Winter Court IV

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:06 pm

"The Crane Clan

To the rest of the Empire, the Crane are a study in contrasts. They are both respected and hated for their achievements, both admired and envied for their elegance and grace. They are the makers of beauty and beauty itself, devotees of peace and civility who nonetheless wield lethal blades. From the Crane’s impeccable garments, which set the standards for style in the Empire, to the sprawling beauty and wonder of their Fantastic Gardens, to their seemingly limitless talent for artistic accomplishments and political dominance in Rokugan’s courts, the Crane don’t simply define what it means to be a civilized Empire—they are the very civilized essence of Rokugan.

The Crane are known throughout the Emerald Empire as a political powerhouse, with wise and honorable courtiers guiding the clan and protecting themselves from external threats. In the game, you must leverage this political might to devastate your opponents during conflicts, keeping your characters honored to increase their skill and controlling the board by pushing your opponent’s characters away"

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Some of the Crane-specific images from the three FFG L5R pages:
https://goo.gl/photos/ywPCigbd3ZZktbUd7

Kakita Mitsuhide
Gunso

Postby Kakita Mitsuhide » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:14 pm

I saw someone mention somewhere that Hotaru was Hoturi's sister, but I can't find this again. Thoughts, confirmations, right place to ask?

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Hoturi's sister was Doji Shizue.
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

Return to “General Discussion”