April 19 Announcement: Storyline and Art

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Daidoji Reiji
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: April 19 Announcement: Storyline and Art

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:24 am

Yeah, the blurred normative Western gender roles was always something I found refreshing about the Crane, and to a lesser extent the rest of Rokugan.

That being said, Hotaru's art is fantastic and I am looking forward to seeing where they take her story! Hope Uji makes the cut too
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:31 am

Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Ultimatecalibur
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ultimatecalibur » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:46 am

Love that she is armed with a Naginata.

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

ObsidianCrane
Gunso

Postby ObsidianCrane » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Crane suffer from the insults because of the Honor victory condition and the bishi male characters.

As long as those two things remain, the insults will remain. They will remain for deeper social issues and there is nothing for it but to address it Player by player. (My politeness on that varies according to how well I know the opponent, but it tends to not be polite.)

As to the story given Hotaru is described as the Crane Champion, I'm confident there is no Hoturi.

The reset to pre-SCC is great, it lets them start with as much of the pre-SCC Lore that they want (including Daigotsu's start) and then from that base tell their own story going forward. This is exactly what I do when I'm starting an RPG campaign.

Return to “General Discussion”