April 19 Announcement: Storyline and Art

Casual conversations about anything you want!
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: April 19 Announcement: Storyline and Art

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Mitsuhide
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakita Mitsuhide » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Meh, doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. As I see it having throwback named dudes from setting 1.0 on only a handful of the characters actually helps the game.

Corbeau
Nikutai
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Corbeau » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:42 pm

I'm pleased that the setting is familiar (pre-SCC), yet not a complete 1:1 replay of the old story. Beyond that, not enough information to say.

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:43 pm

As long as we can control the story, I will be happy
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Postby KakitaKaori » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:54 pm

I don't think the control will work the same way.
Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Not for nothing but how much influence did people really have on the game under AEG. At least in the last several years. Sure, people could make a lot of superficial choices but we wearnt really effect the meat and potatoes a whole lot before (Not to discount the efforts Chris Hand was making before AEG shut things down). Frankly if th limited Kotei have some major choices to be made and their is a large enough "living story" where we can make out own head canon I'll be happy.

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:10 pm

The problem with major choices is that FFG is a real.professional company and they tend to want to plan out thing ahead of time.
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:32 pm

I think story choices work great when controlled well. Just limit the options to a few pre-planned choices that the company is prepared to go along with. I think that works a lot better than giving the players carte blanche to "choose anything" and then start getting pissy when they try to make an elephant the governor of the colonies and end up reducing the impact of choices to nothing.

For instance, we could get an option to either Kill Toturi or forge an alliance, both options having major consequences that manifest in the story and future cards along pre-planned routes. And all the immediate cards in the current (or next few, given how long they need to keep thing in the pipe) is that there is a "conflict between crane and lion".

Return to “General Discussion”