FFG's L5R Ask Me Anything

Casual conversations about anything you want!
KakitaKaori
Shireikan

Re: FFG's L5R Ask Me Anything

Postby KakitaKaori » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Kakita Kaori
Kenshinzen of Golden Petal Village and overly prolific fiction writer
http://craneclan.weebly.com/
[Kakita Kyoumi/WC5]

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Yikes. Not even something I was contemplating.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Azai
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Azai » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:42 pm

I imagine Katrina will be perfectly fine.
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

ObsidianCrane
Gunso

Postby ObsidianCrane » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 pm

ObsidianCrane
Gunso

Postby ObsidianCrane » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Katrina seems to be on top of the L5R thing, she isn't coming in blind.

I'm also sure L5R players are equal opportunity Story Lead haters, it's just the mysogonystic trolls will deliver a particularly repulsive style of hate to female team members.

Himoto
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Himoto » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:06 am

I'm not sure 3 turns game in the new system and the old system are really comparable, given the economy build phase of the original appears to be all but gone. It may well be three-six turns under the new game is loosely equivalent to five-eight under the old.

Also, yes, fingers crossed for Katrina. Especially seeing how things are already going south with the Pillowfight matter.

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 am

This would be why we never did AMAs.
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

Himoto
Gunso

Postby Himoto » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:28 am

I don't think the AMA is to blame here. If it hadn't happened that way, it would have been silliness on the forum, or something else.

The clumsy "No bribe necessary" is WAY, way, way, way, way less blame-worthy than some of the stuff I saw from AEG writers (DT:R, not L5R, mind, but still...) on the old forums, such as basically arguing that it's better to kill female characters than male ones because that way the audience react more strongly.

Corbeau
Nikutai

Postby Corbeau » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:02 pm

3 turns in new-L5R is not even comparable to 3 turns in old L5R. Hell, in the earliest formats (remember T1 dude, T2 Charge?) the game might be over before the equivalent first turn in new-L5R. You're hopping straight into the midgame, as if you had enough holdings to produce from most or all of your provinces simultaneously.

Return to “General Discussion”