Winter Court IV Player Applications Have Arrived!

Official updates and announcements for the forums and important L5R information.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Winter Court IV Player Applications Have Arrived!

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:35 am

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please

Player applications are now available for the upcoming fourth officially-sponsored Winter Court play-by-post event. It is our hope that we see a united Crane delegation working to bring peace and prosperity to all of the Empress' subjects.

http://www.l5r.com/2014/08/02/winter-court-iv-player-applications-open/
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Azai
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Winter Court IV Player Applications Have Arrived!

Postby Doji Azai » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:39 pm

The first snowflake is soon to fall upon the tall spires of the Imperial City. Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigasho, the Violence Behind Courtliness City, is soon to welcome entrants into its hallowed halls. The Empress has declared her court and intricately crafted invitations have been sent out to the glorious, the skilled, and the well-connected. Will you step forward and volunteer your services to the Clan of Beauty? How will Doji's Children be represented in the halls of the most dangerous court in the land?

Winter Court IV is coming soon (this December in fact!). The Crane are in dire need of their best and brightest to represent the Honor Doji's Children in the dangerous halls of a wicked and deceptive court.

Winter Court is a play-by-post version of the RPG and you are all invited to craft your characters and play. The court this year takes place in none other than the Capitol City, Toshi Ranbo, and it welcomes only the best, brightest, and most skilled. The Imperial Families stand ready to shame the weak, honor the skilled, and glorify those actions which serve the Empress of Rokugan. The hot topic, of course, is the Imperial Succession and the dangers of politics have never been more apparent. Only those with the greatest skill and stalwart of heart will survive. Will one of them be you?

In WC IV you will create a character who may become an official, "canon," member of the Rokugani Roster. You may, instead, request to play a pre-existing member of and help shape their future. In either case, you will have the chance to impact the story going forward to include the pending L5R Novel and the story of the Imperial Succession. Each Clan will have its own agenda, partially provided by the GMs and Story Team. However, you will have the chance to shape the agenda and actions of your clan as well.

Should you have any questions, I will be checking the boards as much as possible in the role of an Assistant GM. Many of you probably do not know me, but I have been a long-time player of the game. I have played the RPG since its creation and the CCG since late '96. I have helped write on 2nd Edition and am now a Freelance writer on the 4E RPG. To date I have worked on Book of Water, Secrets of the Empire, Book of Void, Sword and Fan, and the Imperial Herald. Of particular note to the Crane, I most recently created the Crane Advanced School in the Sword and Fan.

I hope to represent the clan well on this board and will possibly be overseeing the Crane in the WC IV event itself.

Please refer any basic questions to the WC IV FAQ located here: http://www.alderac.com/forum/viewforum. ... 14af393bc7

I am eager to serve!
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Otomo
Hohei

Postby Otomo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Pretty awesome stuff. I missed this post and just posted about it in the RPG forum. Looking forward to this big time. Anyone else ever play a Winter Court before?

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:39 pm

I was in Winter Court 3 and will be applying this week for this one. It was lots of fun.
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Return to “News”