Hostgator Sucks

Official updates and announcements for the forums and important L5R information.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hostgator Sucks

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Hello all!

As many of you know, I took over this website over a month ago. At that time, I promised big sweeping changes. So far, nothing has happened. Why? Not to lack of trying on my part, that's for sure. Let me tell you a tale.

So John, the previous owner, has given me everything. All I need to do to gain full control of the website is to transfer all of the files from his server to my server. Super easy process that the host site takes care of. Also, the one thing that's been holding this process up. For the first few weeks I had been playing phone tag with their tech support to get the file transfer complete. But the people who answer the phone are NOT the people who make the changes, and for some reason they had the hardest time understanding that I was not the owner of both servers. By the time we got everything straightened out and transferred to my server, I changed the domain to point to my servers only to discover that the data was old. While we were working things out, you all had continued to enjoy the website as per usual. I didn't want to destroy a weeks worth of your posting, so I asked for a second transfer to get the most up to date data. At best we would lose a few hours of post data. BUUUUTTTT, now the crack team at hostgator cannot seem to understand why I am requesting a second data transfer. Again, I call and explain the situation politely to their phone team and get told that the migration team will get to it "soon". Its been six weeks. As of right now we are still taking up space on john's server. If I transfer to mine before this gets resolved, we will lose 2 months worth of post data...

I really wanted to get things settled before Gencon but that just don't look like its in the cards. All of the changes I want to make (fix the smilies, add tapatalk, add chat) cannot be done until then.

Just wanted to give everyone a head up o where we are at. I may need to find a new hostsite if my latest phone call (and angry feedback letter) does not produce some results)
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Re: Hostgator Sucks

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Thank you for this update, Onimaru. I appreciate your efforts on our behalf. :bow:
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

SpookyElectric
Nikutai

Postby SpookyElectric » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Hang in there. It will be worth it when your vision comes to life.
Former Story Team - Doji Tanitsu WC '07 - Doji Rinji WC '09 - GM Tenjin WC '12 & '14 - Sparrow Clan Advocate

Doji Yoshi
Hatamoto

Postby Doji Yoshi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:56 pm

I don't think anyone outspoken is concerned about the move.
From my perspective: take your time, best to make it go smoothly!
Crane Clan * Hatamoto No.1 * Villain

Return to “News”