Back Online!

Official updates and announcements for the forums and important L5R information.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Back Online!

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Many of you may be rightfully wondering why the website was down for over a week.

Boy of boy, where do I start.......

First of all, some may recal about how I was ranting about our host-server not doing their job and moving our data where it needed to go. We'll John, the original owner of the site, allowed his server to lapse, taking all of our data with it. This is through no fault of his own. We transferred right over 2 months ago. In fact, he was instrumental in recovering our lost data! (thanks John).

But, The biggest problem I had repairing the site was that it was Gencon weekend, which I was literally packing for when all this went down. I did what I could and even brought my laptop with me to try to fix things during my downtime, but aside from the low quality internet connection at the hotel i was simply too busy to get any major work done.

Finally, as I prepared to leave Gencon on Sunday, someone broke into my buddy's car and stole my backpack with my laptop (along with my camera and all of my Ivory cards). So that sent me back to starting from scratch. Also, I may have spent a day shaking my fist at the heavens, but that is beyond the point.

Other than that, it looks like the site is back up and running! Even better, the smilies and URL buttons seem to be working again :D :bow: :lol: 8-)

There appears to be some sort of issue with the wordpress side of things, but I am sure I can get those worked out soon (they don't really affect anything anyways)
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Re: Back Online!

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:34 am

Sorry to hear about all the problems and you computer & cards being stolen. Also sorry, that I did not get meet you. Next GenCon perhaps!
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:08 am

I can feel for you about the stolen cards. Happened to me two years ago and I was gutted... Thankfully no laptop issue for me.

:bow:
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:34 am

May justice be done. Those evil persons shall be held accountable for their crimes - in this life or the next.
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Kakita Kazu
Hohei

Postby Kakita Kazu » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Nice to see the site back up and going. =) I finally managed to bring myself back into the game and it looks like I'll be joining the Crane this time around (former Phoenix player).

Sucks for what all happened, though. Bad things, always in threes. =/

Togashi Jo
Gunso

Postby Togashi Jo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Criminals are stupid.

(Shifty Batman look)
Here are my cards: ,

Zaitoichi
Nikutai

Postby Zaitoichi » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:43 am

Thank you very much for everything you have done (an sorry for what you have lost doing at Gencon).

It's great to have the site online.

Return to “News”