Fantasy Flight buys Legend of the Five Rings

Official updates and announcements for the forums and important L5R information.
Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fantasy Flight buys Legend of the Five Rings

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:48 pm

It is very possible that FFG jumped the gun by posting their acquisition and left AEG scrambling to respond. Surely they would not have made the announcement without first letting AEG know or completely without AEG's knowledge? Company rivalry aside, that is just common courtesy. But, still a possibility.

Another thought, when was AEG going to announce the sale? Just after Evil Portents previews? That's a pretty craptastic time to announce that it is the last expansion for the CCG. Honestly, any time after previews started,was already a bad time to make this announcement. We have already gotten it into our heads that a new expansion is coming and all the new shinies for our decks that would be coming with it. Announcing it after the set releases is also a bad time, because retailer and distributors have purchased the product ( many probably already have), players may have already placed pre-orders (and again already have), and that would make for an accounting nightmare trying issues refunds or partial refunds (because, seriously, you would not expect any of them to pay whatever price for the end of the game). Finishing previews, and then announcing it, along with more info how EP will be distributed and cost, and possibly even a few more details ironed out, while still not ideal, is probably the best case scenario. Still leaves a bad taste, but I don't think there is anyway around that.

Alas, what has happened has happened, and we take the announcement as best we can. Overall, I still think is a good direction for the setting and the game. We just have to be patient, which is difficult enough in any situation and more so when something so unexpected happens.
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:28 pm

I was so excited for Onyx too.

Bayushi Akai
Nikutai

Postby Bayushi Akai » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:51 am

Jon Butler
Scorpion Clan • Samurai • Final Student • Vigilant

"I would sooner our clan be numbered less than a hundred than suffer traitors in our midst"
Shosuro Yudoka

Matrim
Nikutai

Postby Matrim » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:22 am

I will give the reboot a go. I also enjoyed netrunner but also did not have an emotional connection to its story.

From the lcg they produce I will guess at an initial drastically reduced faction base. 4 seems common with perhaps 2 more arriving in expansions if the game is successful. I can also see military, honour,dishonour coped with but am not certain if enlightenment will fit.

Corbeau
Nikutai

Postby Corbeau » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:03 am

I really don't think they'll mess with the existence of the original Great Clans. Mechanics reworks, sure. Timeline rewinds or a reboot, perhaps. Fundamental alterations to the original setting... I'd be shocked.

Tokuan
Nikutai

Postby Tokuan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Update on Evil Portents distribution and previews:

http://www.l5r.com/#evil-portents

If the link isn't working:

- Free distribution of Evil Portents to retailers (how they use it is up to them). At Stronghold Stores on the 26th of October, 9th of November for other stores.
- Full previews go live on the oracle at noon Pacific time on the 29th of September.
I was Kakita Haturo, Iaijutsu Tournament champion at Winter Court IV

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:59 pm

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:42 am

Especially since, you know, they already owned a game about generic Samurai...
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Doji Hajime
Nikutai

Postby Doji Hajime » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:31 am

You know I was kind of looking forward to The next Kotei cycle, now that I live in a city that has one. Now that is gone. I am a less that happy person as I was trying to get back into the CCG and I am hoping to start an RPG game In Calgary this weekend. The posting was a kick in the teeth. It doesn't matter what the LCG looks like it won't be the game I love, it is possible that I could love but it won't be this game.
Doji Hajime
Crane Iaijutsu Sensei • Duelist • Samurai • Loyal • Exp 3

Return to “News”