Fantasy Flight buys Legend of the Five Rings

Official updates and announcements for the forums and important L5R information.
Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Fantasy Flight buys Legend of the Five Rings

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:44 pm

FFG already has an area of their forum set aside for L5R. Sign up and start influencing everyone to play Crane!

https://community.fantasyflightgames.co ... card-game/
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Himoto
Gunso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Himoto » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:57 pm

Or don't.

I mean...it's a two years wait, for a game that has the L5R name and setting (or more likely, a reinterpretation of that setting), but that's otherwise a completely redesigned
To all practical purpose, L5R is dead. We're told it will have a successor in two years. I'm not interested in doing their hype job for them the whole time.

I'll probably register still, but I don't know that I really feel like pushing people to take a side or whatever hype-related stuff.

DOJI-TRON 5000
Hohei
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DOJI-TRON 5000 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:06 pm

I started L5R in CE with Path of the Destroyer and left right after Seeds of Decay due to unchecked power creep and the absurd speed of the game. Been playing Thrones and Star Wars ever since. I always said the only thing that would bring me back to L5R would be the LCG format.

:mrgreen: :o :shock: :D

FFG makes GREAT games. I am soooo excited about this!
Good transactions with: * gaijin_wanderer, *galena, *Akodo Strumund, *buddha7305, *doji gig, *elemental master, *elpollo,*MidKnightWraith, *misawa, *ShadyDFG,

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks for that link Andrew! I will get signed up and start extolling the superiority of the Crane as soon as I can (not today, sadly, as I am recovering from surgery on my arm and not up to typing much, and Siri doesn't understand me most of the time).
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:21 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:57 pm

...well. That was unexpected. I do like what I've seen of FFG's other games (played their 40K RPGs, looked at the Game of Thrones LCG - and wondered if it held any useful lessons for L5R). But cutting off the CCG right in the middle of advertising a new editions seems... abrupt.
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm willing to help drum up some Crane support.

There's no way they're getting rid of us.
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:25 pm

It was abrupt, but in retrospect, I can see the signs (or at least create them).

1. New Brand Manager, and many other shifts in personnel.
2. Gap in story due to a Skelton Story Team.
3. Design overhaul.
4. No Announcements at the 20th Ann. Celebration.
5. No RPG Release Announcements for Qtr 4.
6. Tons of negative feedback and backpedaling on faction changes, and story direction of Onyx.

I am not blaming anyone, I just think they were trying really hard to make things right and fix the problems, but it all blew up faster than they could put the fires out.

Whether any of those were actual signs or just coincidence, who can say. I am firm believer that there are never any coincidences.
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:52 pm

http://homeofthecraneclan.com/what-is-to-come/

My 2 zeni on the issue.

TLDR: It is my intention to keep this website up indefinetly as long as there is a community here. :bow:
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Hida Shirin
Gunso

Postby Hida Shirin » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:59 pm

They need to survive the hiatus. Their transition plans will be crucial.

Personally I am pretty bummed. But I really hope things work out for the game.

Return to “News”