Fantasy Flight buys Legend of the Five Rings

Official updates and announcements for the forums and important L5R information.
MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

L5R Brand Sold to Fantasy Flight

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:15 am

http://www.l5r.com/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... ror-rises/

L5R by AEG ends with Evil Portents. L5R relaunches at Gen Con 2017 as an LCG. Evil Portents will basically be given away to players. Data about the current state of the game will continue to be collected.
Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fantasy Flight buys Legend of the Five Rings

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:27 am

If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Re: Fantasy Flight buys Legend of the Five Rings

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:38 am

This is heavy.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:45 am

I really prefer the LCG format, but God do I feel bad for all the people who have made this game what it is these past 20 years. I hope story team gets to stick around.
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

Tetsuro
Gunso

Postby Tetsuro » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:48 am

Hey all,

Just wanted to pop in and say that it's been a long strange trip. I was there when L5R started as a fresh-faced teen, and through the post-Jade years, and from the return in Gold until now, and I don't regret any of it. Perhaps someday in the far future I can regale you all with tales of what would have been in Onyx Edition. :D

I hope that you will all lend FF your support as they take over and propel this franchise forward. It's been a pleasure being a part of this community!
Jeremy Sumerlin
L5R CCG Design Team, 2012-2015

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:49 am

I don't have a problem with FFG, and I am all for LCG format, but 2 years hiatus and changes of mechanisms (and incompatibility) are things that really bug me.
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:50 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Doji Souta
Hohei

Postby Doji Souta » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm just worried about the loss or diminishing of the Honor win condition as well as of odd but fun little family themes like the Mantis Pokemon deck or Susumu Spider Honor. Sure they weren't always well supported by AEG but they existed. With an LLC it is possible that each Clan will be boiled down to their base element but for right now we have nothing but speculation. Just kinda messed up how out of nowhere it came.

Asahina Dreamspoiler
Daimyo

Postby Asahina Dreamspoiler » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:10 pm

Uh... I am nearly speechless, only nearly. I love the idea of L5R becoming an LCG. I love that FFG are the ones handling it.

2 year hiatus? :?:

That's rough... I suppose this explains why there was no real game announcements at the 20th Anniversary Party. It also explains why there has been no talk of the next RPG release. I am bewildered by this move, and not really sure what is going to happen next. Maybe this is a good thing? Maybe this is the death of the game I love so much? We will just have to see....
*I was Tonbo Kitai at Winter Court III*

Himoto
Gunso

Postby Himoto » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:32 pm

After all the build up for Onyx...we never get to see it.

This seriously suck. For us, and even more so for the people who worked hard on setting it up only to have it yanked out from under them. And a new, non-compatible game...I'm expecting an honor-free, all-military piece of trash that I will never touch. A joke that's L5R in name only (though design-wise, the card game had long since headed that way).

Return to “News”