Twenty Festivals part III - Letting Them Have Your Way

For discussions on official fictions and fan-fictions alike.
Doji Makoto
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Twenty Festivals part III - Letting Them Have Your Way

Postby Doji Makoto » Sun May 10, 2015 1:37 pm

In which we can see the importance of noodles in political affairs and why was the saving of Kakita Academy important step.

http://imperialassembly.com/news.php?news=90
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Doji Makoto
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Twenty Festivals part III - Letting Them Have Your Way

Postby Doji Makoto » Sun May 10, 2015 1:39 pm

Heir of Iweko dynasty raised by Crane? Hell yeah! ;-)
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Sun May 10, 2015 1:55 pm

OMG. I was actually smiling while reading this. Finally!

Mister Hand said he would bring the awesomeness, and has done so in abundance. He has honored us. :bow:

(as a side note, teaching the next Imperial heir seems a fine consolation prize for almost fostering the last generation's heir - losing to the Spider only by a single point, if I remember right)
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

AsahinaD
Nikutai

Postby AsahinaD » Sun May 10, 2015 4:29 pm

It was a great story!

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Sun May 10, 2015 5:24 pm

I feel I must offer some dissent.

While the punchline (so to speak) was good, and the possibility of fostering Seiken's offspring tantalizing (though with the upcoming Onyx edition, well ...), there was frankly too much exposition. Specifically, exposition that could have been copied directly from any of Hand's or similar's posts here on this forum concerning how oh, it's not Imperial positions that are important, it is connections and favours et cetera.

It takes up a substantial chunk of the fiction, reads poorly, and comes across less as a lecture to Kae and more as one to the fanbase.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sun May 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Sun May 10, 2015 8:06 pm

I too tire of this sermon style of fiction. It became especially apparent when Kae thought she was tired to be treated like a student, and I thought "me too."

There seem to be rational actors at work, so that's good. But at the same time this has no outcome at all, so you're setting the Crane up for failure once more. Announcing failure ahead of time doesn't make it less of a failure.

Also, maybe it's inevitable after the story team was more or less completely replaced, but the author clearly has no idea who Kakita Takara is and that she appeared in previous fiction. The mischaracterization makes me quite cross.
Last edited by Asahina Shimato on Sun May 10, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doji Satevis
Chui

Postby Doji Satevis » Sun May 10, 2015 8:11 pm

I am entirely fine with the notion that positions matter less than the great web of alliances, allies and favours; this likely surprises no one subjected to my posts *g*

I am much less fine with being lectured to. Worse yet, lectured to instead of seeing these things in action as incontrovertible fact. Deeds, not words.

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Sun May 10, 2015 8:17 pm

If we ever saw alliances matter in the way Natsuyo claims they do, we would be in a much better place.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Sun May 10, 2015 8:22 pm

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Return to “Fiction”