Twenty Festivals part III - Letting Them Have Your Way

For discussions on official fictions and fan-fictions alike.
Asahina Shimato
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Twenty Festivals part III - Letting Them Have Your Way

Postby Asahina Shimato » Mon May 11, 2015 3:05 am

I am all for contingency plans, but I would prefer it if - for once - we would succeed with Plan A.

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Mon May 11, 2015 3:24 am

I share similar concerns that have been echoes here already, but no need to bring it up again. I will say this: What is the central conflict in this story? Why should I care (other than because it my people up "on screen")? Most of the story seems to be another "status update", in which today we learn what the Crane are going to do instead of what the Crane are doing.

But negative needs to be tempered with positive, and there is something here that warrants applause. Namely, that this fiction is a clear indication that Mr. Hand IS in fact listening and making a positive effort to do right by us. In one story we get to see some fan favorites, the mention of the brothers, a Kenshizen, and most importantly the wrapping up of a storyline prize. Even if the conversation is a parrot of the conversation Mr. Hand had with us here on the forums, it is forth noting that he was actually here talking to us. That says something.

AEG has burned up its "wait and see" credit. But I'm willing to give Hand a chance to set something up so that he can knock it out of the park.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 11, 2015 5:10 am

Maybe we should explain to Mr. Hand that he should expect a bit of bad feelings when we have been politically curbstomped in Story for so long and he presents us with basically why we should not worry? We are at a stage, after so many years of losing political influence that what we need is actual political results, not just (as I said) scheming towards potential results. ;)
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Zaitoichi
Nikutai

Postby Zaitoichi » Mon May 11, 2015 5:39 am

I am quite happy with this fiction, because it shows - and I think that was not shown that clearly recently - that the Crane clan (through his champion) has an interesting goal and is using all available ressources to get to it. It also shows the complementarity of the Doji and Kakita families and I like the notion of Kakita chefs and noodle stands. ^^ Great job.

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Letting Them Have Your Way

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Mon May 11, 2015 6:05 am

http://imperialassembly.com/news.php?news=90

New fiction featuring, Crane courtiers and talk of Kenshinzen! This is great.

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Re: Letting Them Have Your Way

Postby Doji Makoto » Mon May 11, 2015 6:11 am

There is already a topic on this forum:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=541
;-)
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 11, 2015 7:45 am

LOL!
Kakita Kasukaru

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Mon May 11, 2015 7:46 am

Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Mon May 11, 2015 7:46 am

Shame on me... :-/
Kakita Kasukaru

Doji Makoto
Taisa

Postby Doji Makoto » Mon May 11, 2015 7:49 am

I was wondering where that topic went... It surely may seem funny for someone who doesn't know about the merging :D .
"I am sure this will be a most interesting year."

Return to “Fiction”