Spring 2015 Kotei Fiction - Day 2

For discussions on official fictions and fan-fictions alike.
Martino
Taisa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Spring 2015 Kotei Fiction - Day 2

Postby Martino » Wed May 13, 2015 8:04 pm

Typical,” Tsukuro said with a snarl. He leapt forward with his blade, slashing the air as Hachi leapt aside. “Just as it was in my lifetime, power always falls to those who are undeserving, unwilling to grasp it! With the Emperor dead, you are the most powerful samurai in all the Empire. Why bother to work for peace when you could be the warlord of Rokugan?”

“Honor is my guide,” Hachi replied with a smirk.

From "Shinsei's Last Hope - Part III" by Rich Wulf, and my single favorite moment in L5R lore. Yasuki Hachi marched to the Shadowlands and was prepared to die fighting his own undead ancestor, and still he had the presence to smirk at a monster from legend. THAT is a Crane.

Doji Azai
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Azai » Wed May 13, 2015 8:33 pm

They're not all the same :)

But as I will always say, express your opinion. I will internalize and use what I can to make it better.

I don't EVER expect to please even half of you all the time. It's the nature of the beast.

But I'll try.
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Thu May 14, 2015 4:20 am

If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Martino
Taisa

Postby Martino » Thu May 14, 2015 9:53 am

If the Artisans invented an Iron Man suit, I'd play that deck.

Kakita Shiro
Daimyo

Postby Kakita Shiro » Thu May 14, 2015 9:54 am

New goal. Drum up some extra cash for Tony Stark deck backers.
Bushi. Artisan. Duelist. Magistrate. Hatamoto.

Daidoji Tacticus
Daimyo

Postby Daidoji Tacticus » Thu May 14, 2015 9:59 am

Find someone to draw you Tony Stark in a blue-and-white Iron Man suit with Crane mon on it.

...yeah, I love this comparison way too much. Kudos :D
Ceterum autem censeo Otomines esse delendam.

Player of Asahina Umeko at Winter Court IV

Togashi Jo
Gunso

Postby Togashi Jo » Thu May 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Crane duelists are mean. :(
Here are my cards: ,

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Thu May 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Confident.

Cocky.

Arrogant.

Excellent.

Not mean. :D
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Thu May 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Specifically, this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGP1qAyf1LI

Its the opening of Iron Man 2. Tony Stark is having a hearing where he may lose his Armor to the US government. He's cocky the whole time, and we really do not fear that he really is going to lose his armor (its the opening of the movie after all), but this is still a great scene. Tony is Cocky, but he's not a bully and you know everything he is doing is for the greater good. The stakes are clearly laid out (government concern, Rhodey's testimony, Hammer's attempt to undermine him), but the fun of the scene is how Tony outsmarts them by making them all look bad.
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Return to “Fiction”