Spring 2015 Kotei Fiction - Day 4

For discussions on official fictions and fan-fictions alike.
MirumotoDaisuke
Shireikan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Spring 2015 Kotei Fiction - Day 4

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Thu May 14, 2015 2:32 pm

Dragon Clan • Artisan • Friend to the Crane • Samurai • Conqueror • Duelist • Kensai

Doji Azai
Chui
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doji Azai » Thu May 14, 2015 2:33 pm

As a brief note, I wonder if Daidoji Tacticus caught the fun little bit there with Daitsu and Lady Matsu.

:D
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Doji Azai
Chui

Postby Doji Azai » Thu May 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Change it from Daidoji Reiji to "The Matsu Bride"
C Thomas Hand
L5R Story Team (2015-2016)

Daidoji Reiji
Chui

Postby Daidoji Reiji » Thu May 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Hey, hey!
Crane Clan · Samurai · Yojimbo · Tactician

I was Ikoma Shinju at WC3, Daidoji Reiji at WC4
Top 8, Richmond VA Kotei 2015
Top 8, Charlotte NC Kotei 2015

AsahinaD
Nikutai

Postby AsahinaD » Thu May 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Perfect story for perfect Crane demonstrating perfection!

Kakita Ijiwaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Ijiwaru » Thu May 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Quite good. Well done all. Daitsu is super cool!

Kakita Onimaru
Site Admin

Postby Kakita Onimaru » Thu May 14, 2015 10:02 pm

I have to say, I liked today's story. Well done!

It's hard to spin a failure into a win, but Higaru's tale was an interesting arc bridging two different game victories and accomplishes the goal. Daitsu's story was also a good way to portray a cocky character being antagonistic while still being likeable and relatable. He wasn't being overly mean, and was even a bit heroic, but he did what he set out to do and that was to insult the Matsu. He did it in a cleverly subtle way which was interesting and also highlighted the rivalry between the Kakita and the Matsu, a point made even more powerful with the backdrop of unprecedented Crane/Lion unity. Of all the recent fiction this one has to be my favorite so far.

Also, Reiji!
If you're having Crane problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 problems but a duel ain't one!

Kakita Kasukaru
Taisa

Postby Kakita Kasukaru » Thu May 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Thanks for using the forum discussion for actual story coolness! Well done!
Kakita Kasukaru
RPG mostly / French * Greece

Asahina Shimato
Chui

Postby Asahina Shimato » Fri May 15, 2015 12:27 am

I loved this little pair of stories, I think Higaru's story was delightful. And the thought of a Kakita "correcting" a statue to represent her loss to his ancestor is a good representation of a somewhat erratic pick.

Doji Pheelyp
Taisa

Postby Doji Pheelyp » Fri May 15, 2015 5:49 am

Hooray for that correction to Lady Matsu's face. :) And I'm overjoyed that the hard work of the Crane delegation during the last Winter Court to keep the Crane-Lion alliance alive was honored and made to bear sweet fruit.

Two little questions though:

1. "Reiji’s brow shot up, his barking laugh surprised him as it echoed through the vast chamber...." - I found it challenging to imagine someone laughing while having one's brow up. Did I interpret it wrong?

2. "She caught Daitsu’s eye and breath gestured him closer with a wink and snap of her fan." - Doji Hoshihana caught Daitsu's breath? Someone's breath gestured Daitsu closer?
Courtier * Doji Innocent * Loyal

Return to “Fiction”